my rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discovery

Reaction score
Hi!
I've just made a rocket but i don't know make a rocket nose. My rockets tall 40cm .Can everybody can help me make it ? :D I'm looking forward to hearing forom every body soon.

Hi!
I've just made a rocket but i don't know make a rocket nose. My rockets tall 40cm .Can everybody can help me make it ? :D I'm looking forward to hearing forom every body soon.

Chao! And, welcome to the forum.

There are several ways to make your own nose cone for such a small rocket. One that I have used with my classes before is shown on the following web page:

https://www.jamesyawn.com/modelrocket/nosecone/index.html

It requires only a pencil, a ruler, and some stiff paper like thin cardboard or card stock and is sturdy and easily constructed. Take a look and see if that will help you!

Chuc may man!

Another way to make a nose cone is to find something that fits your body tube and use it as a nose cone.

When I was young, I could not afford to buy model rocket parts very often, so I made rockets from cardboard tubes I got from the trash. I made nose cones from things like plastic containers or hollow balls.

For example, I remember making nose cones from small plastic balls similar to ping pong balls. I glued a ball to the end of a small tube (coupler) that fit into the body tube of the rocket. It made a funny looking nose cone, but it worked.

-- Roger

nosecone.gif

Says your in Vietnam. I'd almost think you could find someone that has a wood lathe and could turn one for you. Many wood turners will do something like this for no cost because of the challenge of something new. It is not hard to do, take a piece of your tubing and a picture of a few cones and see what can be done :)

Oh, I understood . Thank you everybody, I'll try to make a beautiful rocket to show one in the forum for anybody is known:)

Last edited:
Back