My Renegades

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zak Orion

Reaction score
I have been wanting to post about my renegades for about a month now but have been wanting to wait until descon was over(one is a entry). Unfortunately, I just can't wait any longer.

First thing I should say is that I am a clustering addict. Whenever I see a rocket I imagine it with as many motors in it that I can fit. So when I first saw the Estes Renegade I just had to get a couple and make them clusters.

The plan with my first renegade was just to add a couple C6's to the side pods on the booster and make the booster streamer recovery. On its first flight, the streamers on the booster worked like a champ but the sustainer flew into the sun and I was unable to find it after that.

My first renegade launch

My second Renegade was a more ambitious project. But for now I will just send ppl to the Descon site check it out(once the voting is over I will talk more about that one).

Link to Descon entries page

Now, I am planning on my third Renegade(final version). For this rocket I am going to just have one 24mm motor in the sustainer and have 3-24mm engines in the booster. Plus I am hoping to be able to switch to the booster from the first renegade whenever I am launching it in a smaller field. This one, coupled with the 2nd Renegade should be able to put up some impressive dragraces(why do I always keep drag racing my cluster rockets). I will post pics of the third Renegade when I actually start building it, which should be right after I am done with my 4-E cluster rocket with dual deployment.

I'm not big on small bp rockets but this one caught my eye. I purchased one a week ago and just finished constuction on it plan on painting it in a few days.

Do have any close up pictures of your renegade

Dang, talk about flames coming from BP motors - :eek: - nice job on that badboy cluster!

Originally posted by lets fly high
Do have any close up pictures of your renegade

The only close ups that I have are of the second Renegade and they can be found here. Just scroll down the page a little and you will see a pic from the back of the rocket and another launch pic(the picture in the first post is my first renegade going up and the one on descon is my second)

In the Descon write-up I should have mentioned that I used standard Estes ignitors. Been using them for all my clusters and the only failures I have had(2) have been because I wasn't careful enough to make sure I didn't touch any wires together.

Originally posted by Zak Orion
In the Descon write-up I should have mentioned that I used standard Estes ignitors. Been using them for all my clusters and the only failures I have had(2) have been because I wasn't careful enough to make sure I didn't touch any wires together.
Yeah I've never had a problem useing the estes igniters for clustering. I have one rocket I use 4- e9s and they work every time. Check it out

Back