My next build?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dad of Sapling

Reaction score
Reaching out to the collective hive for ideas on what to build next. I would say I have intermediate to low advance skill. A bunch of BT50 tubes and nose cones. I'm looking for a plan idea. I already have the plan set from Apogee, I've already build the ones that really peaked my interest. I guess I need some help getting over builders block.

I like simple designs, designs that seem elegant to me, even some older designs. I would suggest finding designs that you like and either scale them up or down so you can clone them, or take styling cues from some and apply to the parts that you have. I think the fin shape provides most of the style to a simple rocket, the length, nose cone shape, and paint provides the rest.
Need more inspiration? Flip through all the catalogs you can find, both old ones and new ones. Anything that catches your eye think about whether you would like to clone it or take parts of its design and combine with other ideas.
Still need more? I like fin shapes like the standard Nike booster, the nonsymmetric shape of the CherokeeD, Swept trapezoidal fins like the Army Hawk, pick one of those designs and build with it.

Great question. I seem to be drawn more to of the classic older sport style. I keep looking at a lot of the older plans posted but I just can't decide where to start.

Try a tube fin rocket like the Centuri Groove Tube, maybe?

http://www.spacemodeling.org/jimz/ka-11.htm
ka-11@.gif

Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 9.02.15 AM.png

EDIT - make it a two-stager with the Booster 8 or use your BT50 tubes.
Screen Shot 2022-05-28 at 9.05.56 AM.png

That was part of the Excalibur 2, so I guess that would make it a Groove 2ube!

Last edited:
Back