My New Shame

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
Last month I got my L2. Yesterday my wife got her L2. And she emasculated me. She shamed me in front of everyone. I now have to reclaim my manhood. My wife has now surpassed me in max altitude.

I haven't been working on my altitude so much yet. I've been working on my building skills, motor sizes, and larger rockets. So far I've made it to 3195' on an I200W. Even my L2 cert only went to 2608' on my J350W.

Yesterday, my wife hit 3448' on her L2 cert. this is downright shameful. I must now endeavor to correct this issue.

I'm primarily a scale builder. My L2 cert was a 4" MadCow PAC-3. So my thinking is that I need to find a FG scale kit that I can shove a giant motor in and break the one mile barrier. This HAS to happen now.

And I put both of you to shame with a 6429' flight on my L2 ;)

Competition with the spouse is fun!

I hit 7679' on my L2 with my Wildman Junior on a J394 6gxl :)

I've got an idea, but I've got to work a little on it. The issue with scale FG kits is the fin profile. You just can't multi-bevel 1/16" g10. But, I've got an idea using g10 sheet, bass or balsa, and 2oz FG overlay. We're gonna see how that works on an upcoming MadCow HoJo build.

That'll let me shove it up there several thousand feet.

How about the Madcow Arcas. 38mm, 2.6" frame. It'll hit near 6500' on a small-ish J.

Wildman Interceptor A.A.D. 98. 4" fiberglass rocket. 75mm mmt. Launches great on 4 grain 75mm reloads. I launched mine on a CTI L2375WT to 14,100'.
Or if you want more realistic scale, the Wildman Patriot in 4" with a 54mm mmt or 5" with a 75mm mmt. He also has a SAAB RB-05A-98 with a 75mm mmt. That one will take nose weight, the Patriots may too. I haven't built any of those... yet... :wink: :wink:

How about the Madcow Arcas. 38mm, 2.6" frame. It'll hit near 6500' on a small-ish J.

And 9-10 on a big one ;). (Or have it cut with a 54 mount, and send it into orbit)

I'm doing a MAC 54mm/38 mount Zodiac right now that I hope to hit 13k with. Well see

Last edited:
We need to get the Game of Thrones Shame Nun to follow you around yelling, "SHAME! ... SHAME! ... SHAME!"

I'm not so much into sport kits. That's probably going to be my biggest restriction. The scale kits just don't seem to perform as well.

You need to shut her up by getting a 98mm MD rocket and putting an O3400 motor in it :)

Congrats to the mrs- which rocket/motor did she do it on?

You need to shut her up by getting a 98mm MD rocket and putting an O3400 motor in it :)

I thought you and I talked about L3 motors. Are you trying to tell me you won the lottery? lol

reads to me more like you and your wife should build identical kits and drag race. :)

We've actually done that with LPR. Brought a lot of comments from the peanut gallery and more than one laugh.

You should feel very lucky.
My wife has absolutely no interest in my hobbies.
Shooting, Rocketry, Leather crafting, Knives or Woodworking.
The only competition we have is in the kitchen.
And it's pretty much a tie there. We both make great food.

My wife shoots, hikes with me, likes sharp objects, and loves working on cars and motorcycles. It's cool but it triples your hobby expenses too.

You read my mind. Actually, you signed my cert flight on just this combination. :) I need to get an altimeter into the rocket, but the sim said a hair over 6,000' on a CTI J285.

Anyone can go high... I think it's much more entertaining to put in a big motor and see how low you can safely fly your rocket...

loki makes a 38mm K motor :)

Did someone say K1127LB?

17722981838_69b389424c_c.jpg

17389613109_1c5c2c38c3_c.jpg

You have interesting hobbies. I also shoot (especially trap), rocketry, leather working, and basic woodworking. She only does the rocketry.

And we also both cook. Most of the time we cook different things. So the only real competition there is when we both cook the same thing. It's never the same way so we end up choosing whose is the best and staying that way.

Anyone can go high... I think it's much more entertaining to put in a big motor and see how low you can safely fly your rocket...

See, low and slow is normally our bread and butter. You ought to see her stock Argent on an AT F22. It's the perfect low and slow motor for kit.

And yes, anyone can go high. But recovery is a major factor. Lost rockets are my fear. So here we find my fear. Recovery from high altitude.

Last edited:
one mile on my wildman jr on the J381 skid. I've only been able to get it to 8200 feet so far, larger motors wanted (just starting working on large L/D Ex stuff....10 K would be fun.

Back