my new Monocopter page

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here are some pictures I developed today:

The wing getting some fiberglass.
Here I am coating my wing with a second layer of fiberglass.

My monocopter is almost finished!
My monocopter is basically build, and this is what it is going to look like when it is finished. I want to add some fiberglass reinforcements to the pylon and motor tube, and I need to find the exact CP and add the launch lug.

Notice the two G12 relaods :). I am hoping to test launch it with a F13 later this week... so I don't make a fool of myself come Oct 26.

The Doug

Based on my experience, I suggest you glass all balsa surfaces and reinforce joints with other components even more. Good luck and let us know about the flight!

Well, I flew my G12 Monocopter today... and it actually took off of the launch pad... it got about 10ft up then the balsa in the hub let go... the motor and the pylon flew great :D. The cause.... I had the grains in the balsa of the hub going the wrong way :(. I am going to redo the hub tonight... this time I am making it out of solid balsa....

To view the video... go to https://www.gardei.com/Projects/Monocopter and chose one of the two videos ...

F13_mono_short.mpg - Just the flight. 3 MB... four you 56k people...

F13_mono.mpg - Intro, flight, comments, autopsy... 14 MB but worth the Download :).

The Doug

Back