MY NEW FAKE WOLF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks great, but you don't need to type in all caps, and I don't have a clue about what your PS means.

Have you flown your Fake Wulf (not Wolf) yet? I only flew mine once before one of the wing tips was accidentally broken off, and I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.

hi,
sorry for caps was keyboard at work and they dont bother me but i have had people complane so covering my bases thats all:confused2:

Thats OK Thunderdog... You were not too far off of the intended scheme. The model was originally intended to have swastikas, with white circles around them over a red background that fit over each wing tip. After a poll of several of my friends, it was determined that if I could make the model without them, it would be best. The major inspiration of the model was the Nazi plane from Raiders Of The Lost Ark, which had similar markings.

https://www.aviationmodelworks.com/images/medium/KZFW_m.jpg

Last edited:
it's funny I built a rocket with those symbols as part of the menacing ww2 effect I wanted on it...and was nearly bludgened to death on this forum over it.
in fact ,I was forced to remove it.
yet on a plastic model ww2 forum it wouldn't have generated even a wisper.
pretty sad really

Thanks Guys.
Yes i dont get it? many of us out here love some ww2 german planes/ rockets like the me109, FW190 the VI the V2 those of us who have built rockets ALL have a V2 i bet. those markings were there not trying to insult anyone or say i beleave in what they stood for but great planes and rockets are just that!
Please chimne in if ya like

THUNDERDOG:wave:

Thanks Guys.
Yes i dont get it? many of us out here love some ww2 german planes/ rockets like the me109, FW190 the VI the V2 those of us who have built rockets ALL have a V2 i bet. those markings were there not trying to insult anyone or say i beleave in what they stood for but great planes and rockets are just that!
Please chimne in if ya like

THUNDERDOG:wave:

Absolutely... I don't like all this 'revisionist history' crapola; it's rediculous. If someone is SO childish that they're offended by historical symbols such as the swastika or the Rebel Battle Flag, then they should just pull their pillow over their head and hide under the bed and cry all the time.

I 'bashed' my Estes Canadian Arrow into a "Kriegsmarine tank-stretched V-2" of the type that was proposed to be launched from canisters towed behind German U-boats at the United States, had the war continued another year or two. I wanted a historical "feel" for the decor of the rocket, so I did some research on common U-boat symbols and 'sail art' used on U-boats by the Germans. Much to my surprise, unlike the cool 'Trident' decoration on the submarine sail used in the movie "U-571" most of the actual symbology on German subs during the war were pigs (considered lucky), umbrellas (a joke on being underwater I'd suppose) and variations thereof, along with some ugly fish-looking creations, and some rather outlandish ones consisting of elephants, donkeys, and a caricatured Churchill in various combinations. Not really what I was looking for. SO, I drew up my own "nautically themed" decal for the rocket, consisting of a stylized anchor with the Kriegsmarine V-2 in the center, lifting off with flames morphing into the outer pair of anchor "hooks" with their barbed ends on either side, with a crossed sword and trident behind the V-2, flanked by two dolphins leaping up to a standard swastika at the very top. Something that would have been sufficiently 'heroic' to be approved by the propaganda ministry to be painted onto the first V-2 to be launched against America in late 1946. The rest of the rocket was painted in a Polaris Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile paint scheme with the alternating black and white stripes copied onto the fins and tail cone.

Nobody chewed me out but of course I'd have told them to grow up (or grow something) and get a life...

Later! OL JR :)

Here’s how I talked myself out of the swastikas... I designed the rocket myself. It was not an actual model that actually had swastikas on it so it had no real historical significance. So as not to appear that I was PROMOTING that regime, I left them off... I too was gonna have them for the "evil" look.

Latest posts

Back