My New Approach to Model Rocket Construction

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hypothesis: a logical sequence depends on the premise(s).

Calvin appears to have changed his premise from "information" to "being a man of action". I think it's all simply about preferences, which are based on our personal history of what has been most rewarding in the past, or what seems to be, based on impressions.

Or maybe not. What do I care. 🛸

Last edited:
The more I learned the more I knew.
The more I knew the more I forgot.
The more I forgot the less I knew.
Now I don't know anything.

There is useful and useless information. The more you know about nothing, the less you know about something.

An expert is a person who learns more and more about less and less, until he knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

(This is how, long ago, I was introduced to an expert on vacuum systems.)

And a generalist is a person that learns less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

And a generalist is a person that learns less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.
I've seen it as a Purchasing Manager dealing with engineers and salesmen. The salesman was your generalist, the engineer was Joe's expert, and the poor Purchasing manager started off knowing everything about everything, but ended up knowing nothing about anything, from years of working with engineers and salesmen!

Back