My Kingdom For A...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
few G80-4 motors. Anybody know where I can get some? No local vendors or any from the list seem to have them.

I have a couple left and have planned thier use months in advance. I can't wait until they are back in production again.

Yes it does:D

I happen to have two G64-4W's in my ammo box right now.

I just happen to have one err. make that two of them.

My favorite motors for that are the G64-4W and the G80-4T.

I would have loved to have tried it on a G125-5T non-standard SU motor but they're not easily found and if you manage to stumble apon one, they're like $30 each, excluding shipping of course. NO WAY!!!:mad:

I'll wait until Aerotech starts producing them again.:rolleyes:

RBeckey- Have you checked great Lakes or Magnum?

Donaldsrockets- I'll have to try a G80 sometime. What I really want is a motor that is reallyreallyfluggingloud. :D

Actually, I have also flown G80's in mine. Of the reccommened motors for that, I honestly think the G80 is the best one.

I usually get a majority of my motors from my onsite dealer to avoid shipping charges although most places don't charge HAZMAT for MPR motors but some do.

Oh, you want a LOUD motor, try a G40-4W SU. That motor has a nice little roar to it as well as a 3 second burn.

G35-4W Econojets are loud also. That is assumed that they work correctly and don't CATO on you. I heard AT is in the process of redesigning the casing for it to reduce the rather large number of CATO's that people have experienced with them. Heck, I personally had THREE of them CATO on me IN A ROW!!!:mad:

I want the G80-4 for a 4 inch Crayon. I don't want to risk my 29 MM casing. I do have a pile of G64-4s, but I use them for saucers. Can't loose my casing that way.

Hex cap screws into T-nuts with bent brass strips for clips. Two clips hold quite well.

Not from retention failure. More likely while it still in the rocket, hanging from a hundred year old oak. :D Crayon Rocket=$15. 29mm 40-120 case=may be impossible to easily replace. (and costs $50.) My original 4 inch Crayon was retrieved with a shotgun from 50+ feet off the ground. NC and chute still reside there. Was able to salvage fin can/motor mount assembly, which will be reused in the new Crayon.

I know for a fact that our local vendor has some G80-4s. But, they are expensive... like $20/each.

I picked up 2 of them this weekend.

www.acmerocketry.com

They are still driving back from the rocket launch, this last weekend. Probably won't be home until Thursday sometime.

Acme is a great local/on sight vendor. I don't know if they do much mail order, so if you do order by mail, don't bitch about the lag times. They literally live 80 miles away from the post office, up in the mountains of Oregon. :)

--Alex

No answer at Great Lakes. Phone rings about 8 times, then gives a fast busy signal. Anybody know what's up?

Ross at Magnum hooked me up. The Crayon Reborn is mission ready!

G80s are nice motors. i like them better though when they were fast whitelighting. I still have 2 G104T reloads for the 29/100 casing. I havent flown any yet but I hurd they were really nice motors. out of production for now though. maby I can get some more some time.

Back