My head hurts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaturnV

Reaction score
I watched a movie about the time.Time is an illusion.The journey into the past and future are possible.If a civilization have existed long enough to advance technologically it would implement them. The fact that we do not see every day travelers from the future means our civilization is dead before it reaches this level of technology.

I see they have "the sauce" in Bulgaria too.:wink:
Don't hurt your head over it.

I honestly fate of our civilization does not interest me particularly. The end of civilization too. I guess it would be well after my death. The question is another. How one lives life in deception about the true nature of things.

Just because your not seeing what has been happening for millennium doesn't mean its not happening.

In the light of the law of increasing entropy we are an anomaly. Or his confirmation.
But that's not important. The important thing is that everything someone has done or will do remains as a point in space-time continuum. Question time is to find technology to show the history of the world, not only in detail but as a movie :)

The illusion of time is a property of biological organisms, a weapon to be able to survive and pass on their genes. But here arises another question. if everything is predestined with the big bang of what is needed this whole theater? And here comes down to the meaning of the universe and the meaning of life. Indeed, one can become a philosopher while waiting for a cure epoxy :)

Time happens. A star is born, burns, and dies. Time has passed- the units of time are a creation of the observers.

I regularly travel back in time. Every time I do something stupid, my wife tells me I'm acting thirteen again. :wink:

I do think the time-travel machine from Napoleon Dynamite would work if someone would sit down and take the time to perfect it.

Time is an illusion. lunchtime doubly so

--Ford Prefect

Maybe the reason that we don't see visitors from the future is not that civilization ended before time travel could be invented, but that time travel is actually impossible.

Or maybe by the time it is invented, the people of the future have seen so many boring, lazy and crappy movies that involve time travel that they decide, "Meh... Let's not even bother." Honestly, I'm sick of science fiction movies that rely on time travel for the plot.

Or maybe time travel is not theoretically impossible, but it is so extraordinarily difficult and uses so much energy that no one does it. Possible, not practical.

Or maybe no one does it because it makes their head hurt.

As Einstein said:

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

In that sense, the only reason for space is to keep everything from happening at the same location.

I, for one, am grateful for the elbow room.

Time travel forward is certainly possible. Slow down your metabolism, travel at an appreciable fraction of C, live clean, avoid oxidants & radiation... make those 2bn heartbeats last a couple of hundred years earth time.

I look forward to the first pyramid scheme based on this; unfortunately soon to be followed by a bunch of 'lost' passenger cargos. I should write a short story.

I regularly travel back in time. Every time I do something stupid, my wife tells me I'm acting thirteen again. :wink:
Mine is like an anchor. Very quickly knocked me to the ground when I dream :)

Time travel forward is certainly possible.
As we know from Einstein only a few hours in orbit around the black hole and get back we'll be gone a few thousand years forward in time. Without any meditation or slow metabolism. Traveling back in time is also possible, does not infringe any physical law. Time does not exist, neither "before" or "after" makes sense. For two different observers moving at different speeds same event can be for one before and after for the other.Actually I think I found something fundamentally. Known paradox "Kill your grandfather." If you go back in time and kill him, then there is no way you were born yourself. Absolute nonsense - there is a way. The sequence before - after is only a human illusion.

Last edited:
No problem go back in time and kill your grandfather before he met your grandmother. The problem is how to explain your appearance. But this is only a problem to explain. We have many facts we can not explain. However, this does not mean that they do not happen. As we know in the world of microparticles also not apply causal laws. We can not explain that but nothing prevents us from operating nuclear reactors :)

[video=youtube;O_rM2YdjfJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_rM2YdjfJ4[/video]
I thought after watching this video.

The concept of time is based on the "before", "after". When you believe that time is absolute then "before" and "after" matched all. Einstein proved that this is not so. For two different observers "before" and "after" do not match. I just unfold logically this.Imagine launching a rocket. First press the button and then the rocket takes off. For an observer But first rocket takes off and then press the button!Well then what prevents you kill your grandfather before he met your grandmother you to exist?Nothing!With this prove that travels in the past are possible. Maybe in time I will receive the Nobel Prize in physics. Money is going to put in amateur rockets :)Now it should you head hurts. This happens when you break our boundaries and discover new things :)

Last edited:
In other words, everything in the universe is like a soup. The arrangement of one thing after another is not a property of the universe. It is a property of the human brain :)

Perhaps the human brain is primitive as computer of Saturn V. We know that there because there is no power to calculate many things at once, just in order of importance and ignore other things.However, this tool so we conquered that consider it as a property of the universe. And it is only a sign of man's inability to handle many things at once :)And for all the universe looks the same as in fact have the same hardware and software. And she's not really that :)

Last edited:
The universe is all about. No time or some arrangement. But the human brain to be able to function in this chaos puts things into small pieces. And because our brains are identical arrange things in the same way. And we say - yes this is the universe, can not you see? :)

untitled.JPG

It now remains only to confirm my theory experimentally. Someone met his dead grandfather soon? Or some unknown woman, perhaps his great-great granddaughter? Unlikely. Limitations in hardware and software does not allow it. It's like Windows 10 alone to begin to solve differential equations and without error and crash :)

In fact, it shows how difficult it was contact with another civilization. Due to the limited our software, they can give signals to us cut into pieces but we will not know that they are. If we do not see something like cow with 6 arms and 123 legs and if alien can speak English even better :) Just if his arrangement of things is different the contact is incredibly difficult.What if the creatures are of dark matter and pass through us like ghosts?

Even assuming that they have the same order of things as us (idea of the time) why they should be the same speed? If 1 000 000 times faster or slower?

SaturnV;1617468[COLOR="#FF0000" said:
]If[/COLOR] a civilization have existed long enough to advance technologically it would implement them. The fact that we do not see every day travelers from the future means our civilization is dead before it reaches this level of technology.
NOT!
It could also mean that a civilization has not existed long enough at this place in space at this time. Assuming the latter.
How long is this "existed long enough". Like maybe 10000000000000000000000000 X 108765 years from now we should be there?
The point after about being dead only holds salt if the for mentioned is proving true.(IF)
Which I think cant be proving.
Maybe 5-10 years down the road someone could show up from the future with a shiny foil wrapped cosmos burger and a large fry and a never runs dry, super sugar big gulp drink.
HMMMMMMMM, I wonder if it would be a man from man kind as we know it?
Or maybe it would be Pauly Shore

Last edited:
Back