My fledgling fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
Was messing around today and had to move my rockets again so decided to put them together for a quick pic. (no need to comment on the awesome drywall job :eek:)
View attachment 252347

View attachment 252351

Wanted to get a better picture but this will do for now. They not all finished but all are flyable, just have to pack the chutes.

Most need no introduction, but standing, painted from left:
Baby Bertha
Big Bertha
Big Daddy
Partizon
D Region Tomahawk
Long Tom

Nevermore - Scratch built
GrimGrin Scratch built

Laying down:
Xarconian Cruiser
Helicat

The two unfinished are:
Estes Super Alpha
Der Red Max - clone (my first with papered fins and epoxy fillets and a homemade "zipper stopper")

Also standing on table is a Quark and a mini engine powered scratch built (in front of Tomahawk).

All but Long Tom and Tomahawk were painted with cheap craft acrylics using a spray gun and finished with auto clear coat and wet sanded. And Baby Bertha was brushed. It was my first rocket since the early 90's. The Big Daddy was my first spray gun and fade job. The decals tore as I was putting them on.

Only the Baby Bertha has made a successful launch and recovery. GrimGrin lawndarted on its naked test flight and Helicat melted the chute.

Need to get some in the air!!

Well...there they are.

Mike

Back