My first try

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobrogg

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm thinking of building this as my first try at a scratch building a level 2 rocket. So, all of you more experienced rocketeers out there and please take a look and let me know what you think. I'll be using a PML CPR 3000 system for ALT and deployment.
Thanks,
Bob R.

All I can say is WOW! That's a spiffy looking bird you got there! Are you going to glass any of it? I really like the design! A great rocket!

Very nice. It looks like you have 2 launch lugs on both "halves" of the rocket. Which means you have to make sure you line them up every time you launch. Shifting while on the launch rod might mean bind, but I don't know if it's that big a deal.

Great design!

I was going to add this before but forgot. Railbuttons here would be a really cool addition. I don't know if your club has a rail but since changing over to buttions I don't want to go back : )

Well, I ordered the parts today from PML. I hope like hell this things flies as well as it does on rocksim- 3 38/600 motors should put it on the moon! ok, at least passed 6k. Any ideas on how to put a video camera on this thing? Here is a more up to date rev of my design.

Excellent design and simulation. I tried the simulation with only one motor igniting from H to J level and you still get a decent flight! This means this should be a robust design with respect to motor ignition failures.

Bruce S. Levison, NAR #69055

When I designed this I made sure it would be safe to fly on one motor-you never know when the rocket gods will frown on you.

Three motor cluster looks reall slick...good luck on the build.

Oh...and pics, we need pics...:)

Carl

Back