My first scratch built

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrogen

Reaction score
After completing the Tandem-X launch set and 3 flights only, I decide to build my first from scratch model. The only commercial parts using will be rocket motor, launch pad and ignition; and wadding. The body tube, nose,engine mount, center and thrust rings and launch are made out of a brown paper tape. Fins will be from balsa wood. The parashute will be made from a fine plastic bag Shock cord will be an elastic.
So far I made the body tube, motor mount center rings, and the nose. Body tube, nose had been paper sanded and brushed with varnish (varnish mixed with baby powder into a honey like texture). This mix will be applied on tube, nose and fins then sanded. 2-3 times until smooth finish. For glueing I am using wood glue. I decided ro brush paint the model with acrylic paint, then finish off with varnish. Will attach pics, and post on my progress.:)

Sounds like somebody needs to check out paper rocketry! :D

Best place to start is here:

https://rocketry.wordpress.com/ultimate-paper-rocket-guide/

The fun thing about paper rocketry is that you can print the whole rocket out on 67# or 110# cardstock and build the rocket from that. And since you print the rocket on your computer (most files are either pdf or jpg), it is pre-colored and only needs a bit of clearcoat to protect the finish. Fast, easy and fun!

Sounds like somebody needs to check out paper rocketry! :D

Best place to start is here:

https://rocketry.wordpress.com/ultimate-paper-rocket-guide/

The fun thing about paper rocketry is that you can print the whole rocket out on 67# or 110# cardstock and build the rocket from that. And since you print the rocket on your computer (most files are either pdf or jpg), it is pre-colored and only needs a bit of clearcoat to protect the finish. Fast, easy and fun!

Thank you for the link,however I prefer doing it from the scratch as there is more hard work. The model rockets in Europe (eastern) are usually made using the technique I am using.

Back