My First Real Kitbash

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
I will publish this in EMRR as a MOPS, however I wanted to share it first.

We have been planning a night launch recently and I wanted to do something neat. I had a zorched Big Daddy laying around so I decided to try the Dr. FrankenRocket routine.

Goals:

Use Big Daddy Design
Cluster it
Night Flyer

Ok

I ordered some 3 x 24mm rings from Thrustline and built up a new MMT assy. I built in a shock mount similar to that used in cosmodrome.The space between the stuffer tube and the motor tubes is filles with 2 part foam.

The fins were recut out of 3/32" basswood.

That makes him fly...now to prowl the night

I used four 10,000mCd LEDs from an online vendor and 2 AAA battery packs I assembled the harness outside the nosecone.

Here is what the cone looks like early on

Same shot powered up

And now may we introduce

BAD DADDY

Here he is dressed up in Krylon Chrome and Rocketguts Decals

And now ready to prowl the night!

cls

Reaction score
what, this post is nearly a minute old and ... no replies?! well let me be the first to say "Congratulations Dr Frankenrocket - you've created a monster! now don't go scaring the townspeople with it!"

seriously, nice post and nice pix and you should have fun launching it! what do you think you will fly it with? how about 3x E9-6s??? Muaaahhhahahahahahaha!

DynaSoar

Reaction score
Originally posted by cls
what, this post is nearly a minute old and ... no replies?! well let me be the first to say "Congratulations Dr Frankenrocket - you've created a monster! now don't go scaring the townspeople with it!"

seriously, nice post and nice pix and you should have fun launching it! what do you think you will fly it with? how about 3x E9-6s??? Muaaahhhahahahahahaha!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!

RUNRUNRUNRUNRunRunRunRunrunrunrunrunrun

It skeered me.

KarlD

Reaction score
Great idea on an inexpensive night platform! I might have to shamelessly "borrow" some ideas for my own...

Club night launch is in Jan so I have some time..