My first motorcycle show trophy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BR549

Reaction score
I've had this little jewel for 5 years. I fell in love with it when I worked at a Honda dealership for 6 months after retiring from the Air Force. I ride it around the neighborhood once in a while to keep the oil circulatiing.

This past weekend they had their annual car/motorcycle show on Tinker AFB where I work. I decided to finally show it off and wound up picking up the "Special Interest" trophy. They give it to the most unusual/unique entry in the show. The cool thing is all the vehicles are eligible, not just bikes.

It's a 2004 Honda CB50R. It was built as a tribute to Hondas 1962 Grand Prix racing bike, the RC110. There's probably less than 300 in the world.

IMG_1775.JPG

Very nice.

The cafe racer style never gets old.

Enjoy the trophy.

Thats great you won with probably the newest bike there. I have guys tell me "nice restoration" on my 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R often, they think it's a old KZ until a closer inspection.
ZRX.jpg

I do have 2 of my real classic bikes on display in the AMA museum down in Pinkerington Ohio. My 69 BSA 650 Lightening and my 71 Harley XR 750

Thats great you won with probably the newest bike there. I have guys tell me "nice restoration" on my 2005 Kawasaki ZRX 1200R often, they think it's a old KZ until a closer inspection.

It's funny you say that. I saw a couple guys talking very seriously next to my bike, so I walk over to see if they had any questions. As I walk up I hear one telling the other that is was an old Harley single, a 60 something he thinks. After I told them what it was the other guy starts laughing at his friend.

Back