My first mid power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo2801

Reaction score
This is my first PML kit it is a Quazar. Flew it twice naked, flew great on a G64-4

She sure is beauty, Frodo! Keep up the good work! We wanna see more of you MPR stuff!

Especially launch pics!

:D :D

Jason

Heres a picture of the third flight. The result of severe wind cocking. The ejection charge went off right before it yard darted.

Frodo,
Nice Quasar! If you decide to try High power put it up on a 38mm H242 its awesome on that motor. I certified L-1 with that combo, and have flown mine on mostly the H-242. I'm going to have to try the G-64....Larry

Larry thats the plan after I rebuilt the air frame I plan on using it for my L1. The G64-4 is good for a small field you get maybe 1000 ft if its not too heavily built.

Ouch!! what happened? I was going to ask ("rebuild the airframe":confused: ) but I hadn't seen your last picture.....Larry

We had 15 to 20 mile an hour winds as soon as it left the pad it did a slow ark at about 200 ft up rolled over and headed down :eek:

I only lost about 8" of QT I cut it off and had it flying again that afternoon.

Frodo,
I bet that landing hurt more than usual since it's your first mid. Not there yet, but I can imagine. It made for a nice picture to share though!

Glad to hear you got it back up and running so quickly!

Back