My first Level 1 Rocket build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great News!

Now, you need to get busy building your NEXT High Power Rocket!

Sitting in the box waiting for me to start! :) Madcow Level-2. I bought it the same day I bought the Torrent! :)

Congratulations Kevin! Beautiful job on the rocket and great to hear you certified!
Thanks Ken! You've been an immense help through this entire process!!

Congratulations Kevin! Great job!!
Thanks Rick. Only wish I had good videos of the Zooch Shuttle and Lifting Body! They were awesome flights too!!

Last edited:
Nice Flight!

Here's the same video you posted in #123, but embedded. This way, we don't have to watch ads on YouTube.

[video=youtube;Vnwpm4FeMvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnwpm4FeMvk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Kcobb,
Fantastic! So happy to hear about your success! Great flight, and hope for many more

So had to add another video from this previous weekend at Battlepark. We decided to try to rip the fins off with an I540. Really screamed off the pad. Looks like I got my wish on the landing though and the epoxy joint (Fix-it epoxy) cracked on one fin. I'll have to go into repairs another day. It'll survive! Love this rocket. Anyway, here's a little shot of it ripping off the pad.
[VIDEO=youtube;0ly6jPcP-rg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/0ly6jPcP-rg[/VIDEO]

Sorry about the damage, glad to hear it's fixable.

Nice Flight... and the soundtrack... Perfect!

Looks like I got my wish on the landing though and the epoxy joint (Fix-it epoxy) cracked on one fin. I'll have to go into repairs another day. It'll survive!

Nice video.

Looks like you've discovered the kryptonite for fix-it.....it's brittle under shock load. About half of mine have cracked, even on some softer landing surfaces due to lateral movement. It hasn't let go of the cardboard tube, or the plywood of the fins, but has cracked along the epoxy itself. Apparently, that's it's one true failing!

Nice video.

Looks like you've discovered the kryptonite for fix-it.....it's brittle under shock load. About half of mine have cracked, even on some softer landing surfaces due to lateral movement. It hasn't let go of the cardboard tube, or the plywood of the fins, but has cracked along the epoxy itself. Apparently, that's it's one true failing!

Yes indeed. First HPR and last to use it. I think I'm going to dremel it away and seal. Worse I feel it wiggle, so I know that the recommended line of Fix-it on the root edge broke loose. This was well before I became educated NOT to glue in the rear centering ring and making internal fillets. I'm thinking of drilling a few small holes and pouring in some RocketPoxy if I can get it to flow through a small hole. Hate to open it up too much. Then after that has sealed, recreate the fillet on the outer body. In a way, it's a good thing. I now get to learn repairs and I've not gone down that avenue yet.

Back