My first FlisKit!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graylensman

Reaction score
I just finished building my very first FlisKit - the Midnight Express. This was lots of fun to put together, and I recommend everyone should build one (and the price cannot be beat :D ).

Some production notes:

I imported the patterns into Adobe Illustrator and created the markings there. Printed on a Canon 1180 color laser printer on 65 lb. uncoated cover stock. Assembled with good ol' Elmers white; on every tab i applied a thin coat of glue, let dry, then glued to assemble. I used a wood dowel (instead of the four expended motor casings) to glue the body tube seam.

Nose weight consists of one small lead sinker, held in place by a bulkhead glued into the nose cone. I made a smaller shock cord mount to attach the shock cord to the nose.

I think the model looks great; I can't wait to fly it!

Nice Job!!!

I tried that a while back, but all I have is Acrobat reader and It won't let me do much of anything with a pdf file

Styme,
Amazon.com has Photoshop Elements 2.0 for $52.00 delivered. I was able to open and edit the Spitfire skins in it, and I imagine that the Midnight Express would work too.
Adobe has a trial version of Elements that is only practical for broadband users at 111 MB. I do not know how the functionality has been altered, and since I already have Elements installed, I don't want to try the trial version on my machine here. I could try it at work later, but here is the link:

https://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jhtml#product=40

The trial version is the fully functional Photoshop Elements (formerly PhotoDeluxe). It works for 30 days and then expires. No, you can't reinstall it for another 30 days.......

Jim - open it up. Except any donations of altered patterns/finishes to be available to be downloaded from your site. I've seen at least two variations here on TRF.

greylensman - send Jim your pattern......

Nick

graylensman,

You will like the Midnight Express. I have built four so far. Destroyed one when my Bravo Niner motor cato'd so I built another to take its place. I made an adapter to fly the mini motors like the A10-3. I really liked the way it flew on a B6-4......Larry

Oh, by the way Nice job. I like the color scheme.
This is my fleet:D

Jim, I'd be honored to send my ME pattern to you.

Larry, I love the adapter idea. I'll have to try that out. Glad you liked the markings on mine, too. While I admire some of the wilder schemes I've seen (such as your Bravo) my own creations run more to the NASA-esque and/or SF kinds of things.

I'm looking forward to building another one... and some of the other paper models available online!

Nick,

good idea. In fact, I ought to put together design contests for this and the ACME for the fall/winter months. should turn up some great designs!

jim

Back