My Epoxy Beef

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an ancient, foolproof method that will absolutely prevent epoxy from ruining your clothes, while building.
It's called the "Adam & Eve Method" . . . You do need a good supply of Fig leaves, however - LOL !

Dave F.

You know you’ve found a good woman if she has epoxy on her fig leaf!

I have a similar method. I think some are funny but cannot be worn in public because they trigger folks. I am big enough and have had enough training to fend off most responses they might trigger, but my wife prefers that I not wear them in public. They are often religated to be worn around the house or shop.
Starz GIF by Power Book II: Ghost

😂

Interestingly enough...my sister in law gave everyone in our immediate family an apron for Christmas. She intended them for cooking but I've NEVER worn an apron (nor does anyone else that got an apron) for cooking so guess what...It's hanging up in my shop and I actually used it last night for a non-rocketry epoxy project.

Interestingly enough...my sister in law gave everyone in our immediate family an apron for Christmas. She intended them for cooking but I've NEVER worn an apron (nor does anyone else that got an apron) for cooking so guess what...It's hanging up in my shop and I actually used it last night for a non-rocketry epoxy project.
You can get a work apron at Harbor Freight pretty cheap.

I should clarify my comment. My wife, @cw's wife , is also in rocketry. We help each other.
I have learned a lot about constructing rockets from my husband. First, always wear gloves. Second, always wear shoes. Third, always have extra paper towels handy. Fourth, always have acetone within reach. All of these lessons were learned from a single event and that you must do all of them because you cannot go get the paper towels or acetone when your hand is glued to a 4-foot long, 10-inch diameter tube and your foot is glued to the floor.

I have learned a lot about constructing rockets from my husband. First, always wear gloves. Second, always wear shoes. Third, always have extra paper towels handy. Fourth, always have acetone within reach. All of these lessons were learned from a single event and that you must do all of them because you cannot go get the paper towels or acetone when your hand is glued to a 4-foot long, 10-inch diameter tube and your foot is glued to the floor.
The definition of the perfect wife - Glued to the floor and a 10 inch rocket.

I'm running a race between white and bald, and I still can't tell who is winning.
I passed a point of hair loss after which I just started shaving what was left. I've never been particularly vain, but I'm just not going to be half bald. The only place you can see white is in my beard.

CA and Urethane are better for bonding flesh. Still, can we get a visual for the scenario described above?

I'm not too fond of it when I get epoxy on a shirt in the workshop. Now, I have a great way to prevent ruining a good shirt.

I now wear surplus Army T-Shirts. They are green, brown, or tan,View attachment 558504 and who care if you get glue on them.
Good for paint, too.

That's all great, but what to use to keep it out of my hair???
Shower cap.

And I thought I was the only one.

Wife: "IS THAT EPOXY ON YOUR NICE SHIRT?"
Me: "Plausible." "Not anymore."
Wife: (Facepalm)
Fixed that for you.

There is an ancient, foolproof method that will absolutely prevent epoxy from ruining your clothes, while building.
It's called the "Adam & Eve Method" . . . You do need a good supply of Fig leaves, however - LOL !

Dave F.
I genuinely do that for some jobs, most notable scrubbing the bath tub. Shower off afterwards. Done and done.

I ain't touchin that one Chuck:)
Neither is Chuck for a good few days, I'll wager.

Back