My Epoxy Beef

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used a blue denim apron that ties in the front for 20+ years now as it also prevents getting things that drip on your lap from ruining your pants, like I was wearing in this photo:
wUWZdW7.jpg

Last edited:
I've used a blue denim apron that ties in the front for 20+ years now as it also prevents getting things that drip on your lap from ruining your pants, like I was wearing in this photo:
wUWZdW7.jpg
I have a couple from Harbor Freight. I will try them.

As a woodworker and truckdriver/laborer (HAMTC Teamster...it hard to explain), I have well worn t-shirts and jeans that eventually become shop and yard work clothes, but I do have a canvas shop apron too.

Don't forget about shoes, I learned the hard way to never wear good shoes when working with lots of epoxy, like fiberglassing a tube. And don't use epoxy in a room with carpet.

Yes, that last one seems obvious, but some things aren't until they are!

Tony

Don't forget about shoes, I learned the hard way to never wear good shoes when working with lots of epoxy, like fiberglassing a tube. And don't use epoxy in a room with carpet.

Yes, that last one seems obvious, but some things aren't until they are!

Tony
Definitely never wear anything you would like to keep in good condition in the shop....

I have an apron, but like gloves when I'm at work, I don't think to put it on until it's too late....
The one thing I usually -do- remember with epoxy is double glove. That way I can pop one off when I get a bit clumsy and not worry about redepositing everywhere.

I have a large tshirt collection- old ones, new ones, nice ones, not so nice ones. I have them roughly graded into at least 4 or 5 levels. I do paint work on the house, I do work on my cars, plus working on rockets. so a couple of the grades at one extreme are reserved for that type of work. It doesn't matter if they get a little paint or epoxy on them.

I have a large tshirt collection- old ones, new ones, nice ones, not so nice ones. I have them roughly graded into at least 4 or 5 levels. I do paint work on the house, I do work on my cars, plus working on rockets. so a couple of the grades at one extreme are reserved for that type of work. It doesn't matter if they get a little paint or epoxy on them.
I have a similar method. I think some are funny but cannot be worn in public because they trigger folks. I am big enough and have had enough training to fend off most responses they might trigger, but my wife prefers that I not wear them in public. They are often religated to be worn around the house or shop.

Latest posts

Back