My DW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
I got home from work and found my DW was attacked by my 3 year old son :( :( :( :( :( :( :( OH Oh OH Oh

Originally posted by Bowhunter
I got home from work and found my DW was attacked by my 3 year old son :( :( :( :( :( :( :( OH Oh OH Oh

My sincere sympathies.

I once built a rocket with (for display only!) 2 clusters of 6 external tanks each, 12 short tubes and 24 nose cones total, with thread glued around each nose/body line as well as crossways in Xs between opposite ends of each adjoining tube, to look like structural strapping. The clusters slid down over the nose. $50 on parts and 100 hours work just on the display stuff. My stepson very carefully disassembled them along with the rocket.

Wood glue lap sheer strength: 1350 PSI or one determined 7 year old.

Originally posted by Bowhunter

ouch, ouch, OUCH!

Anything recoverable? Engine block? *any*thing??

Resist the urge to grab the duct tape, now... :)

jim

Sounds like to me it's going to be an entry in the new fliskits contest :D

R.I.P.
Bowhunter's Deuces Wild
(insert creation date) - November 24th, 2004

May thy soul rest,
For their are many perfect days
In heaven.

Was loved by many, was flown by few

...that I know far too much about difficult children and too little about rockets.

I'm sorry to hear about your rocket, but I have to say I am very relieved to know what first jumped into my mind was incorrect. A 3-year-old attacking a rockets is bad news but a 3-year-old attacking your wife--Yikes!

Originally posted by jflis

Resist the urge to grab the duct tape, now... :)

jim

yes its a DW not a Acme Spitfire do not duct tape it.

it sounds like Jim just sold another DW kit :D

sorry to hear such a terrible end to such a great Rocket. remember that the little guy was just trying to help dad, or maybe he just wanted to see it fly, like any good rocketteer would and I certainly hope he has been released from time out by now.:D

Back