My Deuce

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cydermaster

Reaction score
My Deuce is finished!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm dead proud of it. Green bodytube, gold leaf nosecone, red & black fins and (homemade) playing card decals.

I've got the motors, just need to rig up a car battery-based launcher. I'll do my best to post some launch photos.

Just as a matter of interest, Jim, how many Deuces are there over here in the UK, to your knowledge?

Very nice cybermaster. How did you make your decals?

BTW: Nice English flag backdrop!!

very VERY nice! i love the layout of the playing cards!

quick guess, without going into the books and counting, I would say 8-10 Deuce's in the UK.

Sure to be a lot more as folks hear about it though! *S*

The Deuce phenomenon...it has reached international shores. Alas, no one is safe!

Great job on your DW! I love the playing card decals.

Originally posted by astronboy
How did you make your decals?

I brought a cheap packet of 1/2 sized playing cards for about 50p (you know the ones, paperthin cards that fly everywhere when you try to shuffle them). By carefully rolling one of the corners, the two 'faces' of the card separate, and can be slowly pulled apart. I stuck them on using the new Extra-Hold Pritt-Stick, then covered with a couple of coats of clear.

Thanks, that is a good idea for decals!!

The Deuce: bginning it's march to global domination....

soon, everyone, everywhere will own a Deuce's Wild by Fliskits!!

I am not certain what came over me. I was sitting at the computer reading TRF and I was suddenly compelled to click on a link. It took me to a site where there was a certain rocket for sale. You know the one I'm talking about. The evil two motor kit that has been spreading insidiously across at least two continents. It looks soooo innocent. Hah! Next thing I knew I was linking to PayPal and sending money. Now Pittsburgh has fallen to the evil influence of "El Deuce." Sometime in June the skies of western Pennsylvania will darken under the notorious twin smoke trails. Heaven help us!

Nice job on the nose cone.

Hey Jim, you should see about coming to a CTRA-NARCONN launch in Pine Plains or Cobleskill NY. I'm sure you would get a lot of sales. Most of them would probably be me. Here's the link: https://www.ctra-narconn.org/html/home/index_home.htm

By the way, I took the picture on the home page, as well as the April 27th Pine Plains pictures.

Back