My daughter turned 10 today and she got a rocket.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent! Good times. My daughter used to fly rockets with me in the park. Then she became a teenager. Not into that any more :(. Great kid though, so I'll cut her some slack :). Taught her how to service her car last weekend.

Well, Saturday was launch day. This story has a sad ending, and a happy ending.

The sad ending is that when we got to the club and she went to prep her rocket, we discovered that the pre-fabbed MMT was installed upside down. So the rocket is unlaunchable. She was quite disappointed. :(

But, the happy ending is that she wants to try again with a new kit, and build some others as well. So I am going to get her a new Dark Zero and the classic Alpha and go from there!

Bring the rockets to church and build them there? Maybe some newspaper to cover a table...you may generate enough interest to start a club? Just maybe don't build during the services...
No ejection testing during the Moment of Silence!

So, yesterday we got a package from AC Supply containing a new Dark Zero, an Alpha III, and, um, some other kit I forget the name of with a clear payload tube. I will supervise more closely this time.

The kids are at it. On July 4th, my daughter built a second Dark Zero and got it right this time. My son, 8, tried his hand at the Alpha III, with help from Dad.

XPX0HuhRmysx_eD0_j4xehz_li4CpUDaozGbNKNoAYNvh_-G5l6Wh7_gtJSFxMGJV9vpDvQMsvQMHNeWmywGUnQKgEs0-PqyR6YmgkxzJjVsAbRkQCqePPS6MTzwGumSYE0TKDoBauL1lZPffPlU8w-V0yhYKaPYlg_8yYpfLJBYSRNwFbQtQvtNDsCKM6MvukFOv96Vliga_JmgNLjRQzqmtw50BlPXEC4PTy_SKLxOO9MRtaSa1EJEVVaM3SQSpgB0K9AIoQwU4lBk8GTlRc8RXzu-ptMMkGEPwUeELiI9FacsF_afegT0x9jXrMKZOnjqZMkbzrPFJVa6a4PcXm9ew861bmJdevhSD3nPFNftk8RpCeaE_QwyaFf9XfLnCpWB7a7J_Gkcnfvh5Mq9p782LC0QBNiXcbOf1pGBQC3WXC7uFzPtExMkdPoGqZQX1XLjI7jwhY2WWu2OFNqEbkIZ8Ea3tNXWLW0lyV0ef9howdIlpRPBjfx4eqzJcrehwJCL1QUlMXwCMMYfSR88g2uQyQmyN_ilwNFqGEOKsrEXFWfOdoht4e2XSEU_h3vFCaJNOgP71V3qStDsi6qGtLKCoIANUnCQxojUMVDeehziHHL6ZlYUgWMBu5W_rNcai_tDEyJsxarOJ_Siqs02AwoWs9biFvE=w1311-h983-no

w1LZS5Fmz4JrB-95CCBY8E79xgT_HzlnL_Ea0hDpyBdsaMaQz0alzDWX39fPYEVvJpq_pLrZeH4Zk8j4PKZcYWlRsCkzSJ0g7EuXCUKK2HFJc1IP4dh6CkJWYAZ27r4OLWXIPCojk7M6zhQJFv3Hh9Y-iFBT9vqvC2uiBgIUPzCoj-2mlXbRlM1pc0_SuSfn0oTAOllK-mePQRBHGj-1UyEGGo68HGmYe4CHsowE_jXKVs0_7uuyV5Xpl7arinxgVmMcvsmo5bhECbYn6buR8puxuEzVGKStt2GUXdpLvHc19gPShjV42y1MjoeR8tNEDNVOo8O1CNaknT49BeKJQgIZb9QoHUy2v8JrL1MoFkM0K1ihbR1AczW_DUfR-qidmRoP79bkrpyTd0qgCDuBjz2Ov8XoYaC44HLsoTslDK61hc7NFsg91H2qliRcNM35h1fXAxkPXRZMEzjQkV1N2CoeoYyE4bMSL4rwsU1Y8ndt6q78jdouQYT77YJhRFUdIGOdzdZmGEIMUtMd-QHkMg6XBuvEtKIUkwpa3cCqUeKYoeegQSQJgu2RWkFJfbR4gdJfDDULdJhrOAiFDR8xg9gEClRvAw-vWZkTYH6FIlG-gcNltsAUEpSD4n-2QTxM653VuXlsevwBkL_M5aPanxVTqUN2Qfs=w738-h983-no

MClZQ_EPNTueC2lq01MMJuXZVNUPlzUasgIzRkgMw9y4QGPvpUe6bElyVKhQ63_KA6A3GEC7DDmo3qvAs3RYEMGkARZwKBbrBsnVrKX8NPoaPepszlPh33QPTRy-qlqo4OWf_EzwrYGqLEIpvQrIDvF1qXzvj_9QaZ1XIjSYxSqOMKNqQPIy1vFw5_sl_shGfLxfFrD7wExugvFaEdiudJNge3GPZVuoEU1pAouhBjFqKbsRAOqdCmC6VFyFe4437aOjqvwVTc_A2Coza6jsIpxfj4ApSpU8Ero6jq3pC-XlrSsdgLg8mBi2peafv9OXVbY0v8YeuAz7ZaFnnJtpCAxqoVV92BaiJV2Eoa3AUDIfIO5l9ZeOxk1epNJPv6-dJM2B8NIwxiDqW7hkpB-58Ezz8habxz61lv_sAy9U6cdHQZHkdCHKOuCbkhO-pyCoS1hJgChRAORX1Kyi1WL5TrCqwsGRjxn0OC0Pb121aKKxBa49Ejc-zc2m7hknjGEwbvecuMNF1TfDSnOx9MfidRzaik1moQvJzzXSk9dalVz4XbfA9KrSTwNwFH2CpoojY4PNXn8zQ8KXYpIbiBgXdlQYI3alVi-Wpog7DsyH1nuHoItitt2SPDYb4gs4iHgNqPhngUpv2q1ejCCQKVQ1SXAvYHC5EAc=w738-h983-no

Just brings back memories of building and flying with my twin boys.
When I told them I started building again with some of my old boy Scout leader buddies who are now drinking buddies, they thought that was cool.

wooooo wooooo,,
Don't belittle this..
It's moments and things like this that make memories that last a lifetime..
Great for you John..
But getting them to build one together ??
Well, I have always said you are one patient man, lol..
But yours are semi quite and nice with each other..
At least they seem that way at the field, lol..

Teddy

wooooo wooooo,,
Don't belittle this..
It's moments and things like this that make memories that last a lifetime..
Great for you John..
But getting them to build one together ??
Well, I have always said you are one patient man, lol..
But yours are semi quite and nice with each other..
At least they seem that way at the field, lol..

Teddy
They wanted so badly to invade your motor home at Red Glare. Just so you know, I saved you from that. ;)

But thanks! BTW, her rocket landed on Tom's trailer. But it right on the edge. So to make up for it, we packed both chutes from Tom's big rocket bag in the D bags and carried the NC to the parking area. :)

They wanted so badly to invade your motor home at Red Glare. Just so you know, I saved you from that. ;)

But thanks! BTW, her rocket landed on Tom's trailer. But it right on the edge. So to make up for it, we packed both chutes from Tom's big rocket bag in the D bags and carried the NC to the parking area. :)

You shouldn't have stopped them.
They both would have gotten a hot chocolate from Sandy if they went in, lol..

Teddy

Thanks. Next, they are going to co-build one that has a clear payload bay. They are already looking for crickets or something to put in there. :rolleyes:
Hey Bat-mite, that's awesome. If you folks could swing by out here, we are tail deep in potential astronauts, especially grasshoppers. Enjoy these times with the kids, they are all too fleeting and too soon a memory.

Jim

Back