My book is now available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mperdue

Reaction score
For those of you who are interested, Seize The Sky: A Builder's Guide to Model Rocketry is now available for purchase.

The book contains new and updated build projects like the ones that I wrote for LAUNCH Magazine. I've also included additional information on many of the building techniques that I used on the models. If you liked my column in LAUNCH, you'll like this book too.

Mario

---------------------------

The following projects are included:

General Projects:

• Mark
  • Long John II
  • Invader
  • Nighthawk
  • Booster stage for Mark
  • Cluster

Up-scaled Projects:

• Interceptor
  • USS America
  • SST Shuttle One
  • Mars Snooper
  • Laser-X

NASA 1:70 Scale Projects:

• Mercury-Redstone
  • Mercury-Atlas
  • Gemini-Titan
  • Apollo-Saturn IB
  • Apollo-Saturn V
  • Saturn V Launch Utility Tower
  • Ares I
  • Ares V

Other Projects:

• Jayhawk
  • Nike-Hercules
  • 1:12 scale Mercury-Redstone
  • Vostok/Luna/Soyuz
  • 1:12 scale Lunar Module
  • 1:12 scale 2001 Pod

Bout' time you got off your can and finished this thing!
:neener:

Glad you finally got it published....
Congrats!
:cheers:

Edit: Just ordered my copy.

Last edited:
Seize the Sky will soon be available from ARA Press along with some other exciting titles.

If you're in the Indianapolis area you can pick up a copy at HobbyTown USA in Castleton.

Mario

Mario, where should we buy your book if we want the most money to end up in your pocket?

Which I do, of course.
It really doesn't make a difference where you buy, my royalty is about the same across the board. But thanks for asking.

Mario

My copy arrived yesterday. Very impressive. Probably the best new book on hobby rocketry since Rockets Of The World. Great job Mario!! :clap:

Recieved my copy yesterday. Looks like there are some great tips and techniques explained in the text. After skimming over the Saturn 1B section last night, I felt inspired to start building my Semroc kit.

Mario, quick question regarding your DIY motor retainer. Have you ever had any problem with the plastic melting? It seems like this retainer would be right in the literal "line of fire."

Mario, quick question regarding your DIY motor retainer. Have you ever had any problem with the plastic melting? It seems like this retainer would be right in the literal "line of fire."
No, I haven't. I expected to need to replace the screw-on cap occasionally due to flash-back when the exhaust bounced off the blast deflector but, so far, that hasn't been a problem. The nozzle sticks through a hole in the cap and the motor tube is between the motor and the threaded part. The caps and threaded parts do get pretty warm with a G motor but not so warm that they melt.

Mario

My copy arrived yesterday. Very impressive. Probably the best new book on hobby rocketry since Rockets Of The World. Great job Mario!! :clap:
That's pretty high praise - I'm glad you like it.

My book is now going international (OK, I've already sold some in Canada but this is really overseas) as I have just finished packing a supply for Rocket Onlineshop in Germany.

If you haven't gotten a copy of my book yet, please consider purchasing it from my site or one of the vendors who now carry it.

Thanks,

Mario

Another feather to your hat Mario! Now an Internationally Renowned Author! :D

Another feather to your hat Mario! Now an Internationally Renowned Author! :D
I've been an internationally unknown author for a few years now... :D

Oh, you said "renowned" - that's probably different...:)

Mario

Last edited:
Will they ship to Canada?
Cheers
Fred
The link that I posted in the first message of this thread will take your order and ship to Canada. I'm betting that ARA Press and Amazon will too.

Mario

My copy arrived.

Have only been able to glace at it but it looks impressive. It will be my next "optional" book.

Will they ship to Canada?
Cheers
Fred

You bet, ordered my copy two weeks ago, arrived this past Monday, as a bonus there was no GST tax or Canada Post brokerage fee, came right to my mailbox!

Excellent book!

Garth Illerbrun

I've started reading and have a dumb question.

WHat is blue foam?

I've started reading and have a dumb question.

WHat is blue foam?
Blue foam is the blue colored insulating foam used for building houses. It's available in a variety of thicknesses at most hardware and building supply stores.

Mario

Blue foam is the blue colored insulating foam used for building houses. It's available in a variety of thicknesses at most hardware and building supply stores.

Mario

Thanks. I have never seen it around but I have never looked.

Back