My Big Daddy Camera Rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U812

Reaction score
Been building this between the lines of making up kit parts and the Ant Doctors Vanguard capsules.

I got one of those pack of gum camera. 640X480 30FPS cameras that has a 2 gig card and an very clear image.

I still need to make the fairing and the camera will be a bit more flush than seen here. I'll be flying this on E9-4s.

Thought this paint job would be a nice change from the usual. I'm very pleased with the high gloss. Wish my new car was as glossy. You got to love those Tamyia paints! ;)

Steve

big daddy1.jpg

big daddy2.jpg

Hey, he's sticking his tongue out at us!:roll:

Very nice! I have a couple of rockets I could mod in a similar manner for when my 'stick' camera gets here..

Thanks I'm looking forward to that first flight.

Steve

Thanks guys. But remember I live in the most liberal state in the nation and it has the highest restrictions of any state( nor there's hypocrisy for you or is that irony?LOL). I either roll the dice and risk being attacked by the local mob as a terrorist or wait to the next legally allowed launch some time next month and usually a window between 6 am (when it's still dark for another hour or more?) and 12 noon. Once. sometime twice a month.

I planning a trip to the desert as soon as possible. They won't get me there. ;) Anyone want to join me? That is, that lives in Socal?

Steve

Thanks guys. But remember I live in the most liberal state in the nation and it has the highest restrictions of any state( nor there's hypocrisy for you or is that irony?LOL).
Steve

liberal = fail

Got the fairing and internal mount made for the camera. It should not move or come out. A bit of styrene to make an internal box and exterior fairing.

Tested it by hand and it all works very well. Only picked an ounce or so.

Now to schedule that trip to the desert.

Steve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Vf_lfd6BY

rig1.jpg

rig2.jpg

rig_empty.jpg

Maybe in late December. All the sites are too far way fro me to be able to leave the house that long with my wife in a wheel chair with her broken heel. My daughter should be back in town in December. Believe me I'm climbing the walls to get out and do some flying.

Steve

Back