My beloved M&Ms

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I just reread through and this is just a confusing thread overall lol.

But my stance is (I believe) the same as the OP and many others (not all!) here that why can't some people leave well intentioned things alone when they were never meant to be offensive nor exclusionary and clearly isn't?

This is what turns beloved childhood memories into a political battlefield.

why can't some people leave well intentioned things alone
Because leaving things alone does not sell more candy.

This is a carefully designed campaign to move chocolate. I guarantee that some of you are already thinking about grabbing a bag or two of M&Ms the next time you head to the grocery store.

Game, set, and match to the M&Ms marketing team.

This is HILARIOUS! A bag of candy has triggered a bunch of snowflakes. Will they make it to their safe spaces in time? Stay tuned to find out!

Masterful trolling by Mars. Looking forward to seeing their Superbowl commercial and the resulting temper tantrum from the uptight dorks.

Well, it worked. When I walked into WaWa to get my coffee, I grabbed a bag of M&Ms. And I purposely grabbed a bag with the Upside-Down Lady M&Ms, just to piss off Tucker Carlson. What a wuss. People get massacred every day in this country, but what gets him airtime is ranting about fictional candy characters. What a loon.

I'm just glad they left NASCAR before switching mascots. I don't know what the car would look like in this version of reality. . .

My wife and I are in NY and sat in the studio audience for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight. A good portion of his monologue was devoted to the whole M&M/Tucker Carlson “controversy” 😂

My wife and I are in NY and sat in the studio audience for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight. A good portion of his monologue was devoted to the whole M&M/Tucker Carlson “controversy” 😂
Colbert is a douche bag, so is Tucker.

) Marginally inflammatory language designed to rile up old white men was included in the press release.
5) Old white men have taken to forums such as this to discuss candy, of all things.
I am a fat old white guy, even though I like the candy spokespersons and don't even know who this Turker Carlson is, I could care less. But,,,,, when they got rid of the red M&M I was freaking pi$$ed:(

I eat peanuts and chocolate separately. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I'm just glad they left NASCAR before switching mascots. I don't know what the car would look like in this version of reality. . .
Nobody every freaked out about Jeff Gordan's "rainbow" car... winning a lot apparently matters.

Nobody every freaked out about Jeff Gordan's "rainbow" car... winning a lot apparently matters.
The difference: Gordon's sponsor was a paint company peddling their wares. They were not peddling woke propaganda that the fan base didn't want to associate with.. it had zero to do with "winning".

The difference: Gordon's sponsor was a paint company peddling their wares. They were not peddling woke propaganda that the fan base didn't want to associate with.. it had zero to do with "winning".
Lmao, anything that isn’t old, white or male is “woke propaganda”. God forbid anyone that doesn’t fit in with what you define as acceptable has any kind of representation. You old dudes are some of the biggest snowflakes out there. 🤣

This is a carefully designed campaign to move chocolate. I guarantee that some of you are already thinking about grabbing a bag or two of M&Ms the next time you head to the grocery store.
Nahh. Dove Chocolate, either Milk or Dark. Or whatever quality chocolate you like. "Life is too short to eat bad candy, especially when you're diabetic." -- Me :)

Well, it worked. When I walked into WaWa to get my coffee, I grabbed a bag of M&Ms. And I purposely grabbed a bag with the Upside-Down Lady M&Ms, just to piss off Tucker Carlson. What a wuss. People get massacred every day in this country, but what gets him airtime is ranting about fictional candy characters. What a loon.
Yep. A study provided significant evidence that people who watch Carlson (actually, Fox News) are more poorly informed than those who watch no news. And did you know that if you get cable TV today, you are paying Fox News whether you watch it or not?

Hmm, I must be the outlier. Woke corporations have the opposite effect on me. I don't buy Coca Cola products anymore, and stopped watching the NFL when they started disrespecting the National Anthem.

Hmm, I must be the outlier. Woke corporations have the opposite effect on me. I don't buy Coca Cola products anymore, and stopped watching the NFL when they started disrespecting the National Anthem.

I concur.

I suspect that this will backfire for them with a significant portion of the population.

The cancel culture machine is rolling along at full steam.

I have not purchased an M&M/Mars product in more than a decade.

I didn't even realize that the freaks at M&M had inflicted politics on the candy itself to include assigning gender, etc.

It was bad enough that the company leadership was bizarrely political.

I didn't see ANY of the reports.... this thread is how I learned of this "issue".

Why did we have to discuss it on THIS forum and ruin my damned morning?

I come here to talk rocketry, not drive my freakin' blood pressure through the roof and ruin my coffee time.

I am very politically active and have strong convictions about....

...well.... about pretty much everything.

I try (with great effort) to keep that stuff to myself here (so far) out of a desire to keep the culture war away from this hobby.

Is there ANY chance that the rest of y'all can climb aboard and stop ruining my time here with click bait titled bullshit totally unrelated to rocketry?

Or take the "Watering Hole" threads OUT of the "New Posts" and "What's New" function so the folks that come here to escape the craziness CAN.

Because, and trust me on this now, NO ONE wants me to unpack and assemble my 4-story, gold-plated and armored soap box and begin to hail forth with great aplomb and boomeresque wisdom from the ages.

No one.

Last edited:
Or take the "Watering Hole" threads OUT of the New Posts and What's New" function so the folks that come here to escape the craziness CAN.

Because, and trust me on this now, NO ONE wants me to unpack and assemble my 4-story, gold-plated and armored soap box and begin to hail forth with great aplomb and boomeresque wisdom from the ages.

No one.
Actually, I kinda do. Please go right ahead. I'd like to see how more triggered you can get. :popcorn:

Damn, that was so easy.

EDIT: Such a shame his post was deleted. It was very funny.

Last edited:
I get outraged about people who are outraged over outrage
I am intolerant of people who are intolerant of intolerance.

"What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?"

s6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back