My ASP RAM B

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prowler901

Reaction score
Well, I finally finished this model. Actually I still need to gloss coat it. But, here's a shot as is:

RAM B

It was a fun kit too build. And, the parts from ASP were of very good quality. I'm happy with how it has turned out. Now, if I can just find a good day to launch... Perhaps our next ASTRE club launch. But, that's two weeks away. Can I hold out that long...? ;)

Regards,
Todd

PS. Sorry about the fuzzy image. I need a new camera...:rolleyes:

Beautiful! I wish I could put a finish on a rocket like that. The RAM B is one of my favorite sounding rockets, and you did a great job on it. That looks worthy enough for a NAR competition! Awesome. A scaled up version of one of those with real working spin rockets would be cool....I've seen a few models of the RAM B flying on M's, but one with operational spin rockets would be totally awesome. Keep up the good work!

Very nice paint! I don't think I could fly that if I made one that looked that pretty. Final finishing always seems to take me as much as building the thing so i usually fly naked until it works a few times to make sure a crash only destroys 50% of the total worktime vs. 100%!

umm, I mean the rocket flies naked... I rarely push the button in the buff. Fiery rockets and nudity don't mix.

:)

Originally posted by Towelie

umm, I mean the rocket flies naked... I rarely push the button in the buff. Fiery rockets and nudity don't mix.

:)

:D good catch... :D
these guys woulda had a field day with you had you not explained... LOL

oh, great rocket too! :)

very cool rocket
keep up the good work, and don't forget launch pics:)

Thanks for the nice comments. ASP actually made it pretty easy to get the nice finish. The black markings and the red stripe around the middle are actually a thin adhesive sheet. Is it Monokote? I had to cut out the patterns from the supplied templates. But, I'm very happy with how easy it was to apply. The only real painting was the overall white body, the fin colors, and the nose cone. I have to say that Krylon really makes a nice finish. :)

Regards,
Todd

PS. Rocketry in the buff... hmmm... I don't think so... ;)

Back