My $13 Estes V2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Found this at a hobby store in Stockbridge, GA. Only $12.99 before tax. Finished assembly, just need to attach the launch lug and paint it. I have it set up to use CTI 24mm motors. (I bent the Estes hook to allow any length casing.) Already have a 1G casing ready to go.

I used RocketPoxy from AMW for assembly. I belatedly realized I should have used a Kevlar line instead of the supplied elastic shock cord. C'est la vie.

Any suggestions on which paint scheme to use?

20191101_165138.jpg

One of my favorite kits - I have even kit bashed a few. great flyer, no matter what paint it gets :)
XxKnSJ6.jpg

Ys10wgI.jpg

Xj8FZAB.jpg

suggestions - I think flames always look great on a rocket

I built an Estes kit but decided to install a scratch built 29mm mount. 1st flight it went a little sideways. I realized the mount was crooked
So I made lemonade by putting spin tabs on the fin bottoms, now it is called "V2 Screw". It corkscrews great. It's like yeah I ment to do it that way!

One of my favorite kits - I have even kit bashed a few. great flyer, no matter what paint it gets

Oh wow, that steampunk is amazing. What paint is that? Where did you get the gears? Have you launched that cluster configuration with tractor motors? I like it.

Thanks, James! Since it looks like it's going to be a bit before it's warm enough to paint the rocket outside, I should have time to order a set of decals and look into my options on painting.

Latest posts

Back