EVENT MWP 18 Registration is Open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAN I SELL SOME JEWLERY - at my table at MWP?

Just want to be sure it's not gonna cause any problems if I sell some stuff at my table during MWP. I started a little business this summer and I would like to offer some jewelry and stuff for sale - NOT trying to compete with Wildman etc. :cool:

ALSO I have a few new in the package Estes rocket kits I would like to donate for the raffle - if that would be OK...

View attachment 434977
[/QUOT
I don’t see any problem with this

Not being nearly as proactive as Adrian....I finally got my Midwest Power gnome rocket finished today. The gnome I was sent for the competition was a little on the small side so it went on top of an existing 3” booster (even equipped with a aeropack boat tail 🙂). Haven’t decided exactly which 54/1706 motor will go in it yet....leaning towards a K2050 which should go 3500ish feet.
3D3B16E1-981B-4528-86A2-3239D16468E0.jpeg

Not being nearly as proactive as Adrian....I finally got my Midwest Power gnome rocket finished today. The gnome I was sent for the competition was a little on the small side so it went on top of an existing 3” booster (even equipped with a aeropack boat tail 🙂). Haven’t decided exactly which 54/1706 motor will go in it yet....leaning towards a K2050 which should go 3500ish feet.
View attachment 435945

Hey, size doesn't matter...
It was over 2 lbs, wasn't it?

Well, if it wasn't, I apologize. The description said it was... At least it's sorta aerodynamic.
Compared to a gnome on a unicorn... :rolleyes:

Edit.. Er, I mean if I happened to be the one who sent it too you, yeah, that's what I meant... Yeah, that's it...
Yeah sure it was....
(it definitely is now anyway😁)

Well, if it wasn't, I apologize. The description said it was... At least it's sorta aerodynamic.
Compared to a gnome on a unicorn... :rolleyes:

No apologizes necessary, I'm quite happy with the size, fit great on the booster and it is aerodynamic-ish.👍

Yes I am glad I didn't have your gnome to deal with...;)

CAN I SELL SOME JEWLERY - at my table at MWP?

Just want to be sure it's not gonna cause any problems if I sell some stuff at my table during MWP. I started a little business this summer and I would like to offer some jewelry and stuff for sale - NOT trying to compete with Wildman etc. :cool:

ALSO I have a few new in the package Estes rocket kits I would like to donate for the raffle - if that would be OK...

View attachment 434977

Save a few for me Sport!;) I’ve got like three girlfriends right now and it will be the death of me if they all find out-
I’ll be there Sunday with multiple video recording type equipment to capture any of your flights to post to my YouTube channel. Hugs, kisses and a safe trip!:wos_love:

Yeah, as long as we get our 10%, everything’s gonna be fine... 😉😉🤪🤪

You...yah you “Big Sexy” I’ll be there to keep an eye on you...Saw what you said about me an my little ole Hellcat toy.

I think for a 10% cut you better make sure to throw in a shameless plug at the top/bottom of the hour over the PA to help the girl out-

As a matter of fact you’d look good modeling some of her wares too. Standing up there throwing knobs and switches...throwing lightning all over the place, gracing the crowd with your humble country boy laced humor.:music1:

Apologize I didn’t get my summer project done in time for you to sacrifice to the Gods of the sky and somewhat terra firma.

The Big Ole Outrageous Bomarc Special didn’t get slapped together as planned.

Thats right- you can play with my B:p:pBS next year.

I’ll be there Sunday only if someone needs a Tripoli TAP. Just ask for Gus or “The Firestarter”
and follow the smoke trail...

Last edited:
As posted in the other thread, parking will be in the bean field north of the normal field we park in usually.
The field entrance is just north of the dumpster. Any questions, just ask any BOD member. We'll be the ones running around looking tired and confused... ;) 🤔😁

Looking like perfect weather on Friday. Going for 6 flights - 18mm, 24mm, 29mm, 38 (x2), and 54mm. The Photon Disruptor, launch ready, will be 9.5lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_2382.JPG
    IMG_2382.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 10
Good to hear from you Gus. Greg Olson
You too Greg! Be great to see you again. Can only do Sunday.

I don't know if I "miss" his posts... they often required advil and a therapist to work through some of those minds dumps!

LOL!

🤔 I have always loved you in a platonic kind of way...

If your wife hadn’t latched onto you, I be chasing you all over that field...Stud.

You want funny you see Crazy Jim.
You want technical you see Dr. Reese..
You want raunchy? You’ll find me smoking a Winston behind the porta pots by the flightline...I’ve got some new stories to spin.

Where’s all the bragging and twenty plus pages we normally had to go with this event? Used to be NORAD went on high alert...The Illinois National Guard mobilized...Local Bars increased stock a week ahead.

Fly’em like you mean it today-

Some of us have another 14+ hour night ahead in our Semi’s hauling medical supplies, sanitizers, food and that neat little toy that your wives bought on Amazon but will never let you know about.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzz!🤪

This is what I’m flying on Sunday.
E2BC248F-8010-401B-BCC4-73155DDE92B0.jpeg

That’s right! The Twinkie Fairy is coming...Jerky and Butterfingers for me only. Doggie snacks for Hotdog and Rolo.

I made a personal promise to Sather last night via phone I would NOT feed his dog anymore Twinkies.

Everyone be careful, have fun, post some pictures and have a safe trip home if I don’t see you Sunday!😊

Last edited:
Forecast says there will be winds in excess of 20 mph from 2AM to 3pm. 🤨

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the people who made Midwest Power work this year. Friday was perfect, saturday windy and sunday so windy I didnt stick around. Dont know if anything flew today. Set a new personal altitude record of 12338 feet on an M1500. 4 flights with no damage or crashes!!! Thanks again and see you next time!

Thanks to everyone who showed up and flew rockets!
A bigger thanks to those that showed up to volunteer!
Without the volunteers, this event can't happen.
And a huge thanks to those out on the range, who's effort went above and beyond volunteering. You know who you are.
We had a good weekend. Two out of three days ain't bad.
Today was a little breezy... Nothing flew but leaves and birds...

Hello there Gus...had to miss it this year...hope to see ya next ya ole rabble rouser
Missed you too Jim! Ran into many old friends today. Got to see my favorite little Rocketeer too! 😍 Over a quaint afternoon meal at the IHOP in Peru I unleashed on a paper napkin the outline for my next MWP project to my young protege-

It’s going to be epic...🚀

Our I may have to move to a foreign country to escape the statues of limitations for the damage done post launch.

You do know that as some of us get older the threat of “Life in Prison” really doesn’t scare us anymore.

Don’t spill the beans Sabrina!🤫

Save a few for me Sport!;) I’ve got like three girlfriends right now and it will be the death of me if they all find out-
I’ll be there Sunday with multiple video recording type equipment to capture any of your flights to post to my YouTube channel. Hugs, kisses and a safe trip!:wos_love:

You...yah you “Big Sexy” I’ll be there to keep an eye on you...Saw what you said about me an my little ole Hellcat toy.

I think for a 10% cut you better make sure to throw in a shameless plug at the top/bottom of the hour over the PA to help the girl out-

As a matter of fact you’d look good modeling some of her wares too. Standing up there throwing knobs and switches...throwing lightning all over the place, gracing the crowd with your humble country boy laced humor.:music1:

Apologize I didn’t get my summer project done in time for you to sacrifice to the Gods of the sky and somewhat terra firma.

The Big Ole Outrageous Bomarc Special didn’t get slapped together as planned.

Thats right- you can play with my B:p:pBS next year.

I’ll be there Sunday only if someone needs a Tripoli TAP. Just ask for Gus or “The Firestarter”
and follow the smoke trail...
And I thought you had left rocketry and taken up model trains. Not that there is anything wrong with that....;)

Thanks to everyone who showed up and flew rockets!
A bigger thanks to those that showed up to volunteer!
Without the volunteers, this event can't happen.
And a huge thanks to those out on the range, who's effort went above and beyond volunteering. You know who you are.
We had a good weekend. Two out of three days ain't bad.
Today was a little breezy... Nothing flew but leaves and birds...
Thanks for your efforts Adrian! Great to be back at MWP again.

Thanks for your efforts Adrian! Great to be back at MWP again.

Hey Gary, good to see you again! Congratulations on your position with Tripoli- I did vote for you!🤗

Work, racing, work, loss of Dad- more work that’s what I’ve been up to. Everything I worked for and wanted to do this year pretty much got cancelled like everyone else.

I uploaded a couple of quick YouTube videos of yesterday just to show everyone something actually happened at MWP on Sunday!

Do me a favor- send me a pm with your contact info again. I’ve gone through like three I-Phones in the last two years...I-Cloud is not friendly to me. 🤬 Plus they didn’t have stuff like this when I was a kid. Im still learning....

Back