MW RRC3 won't 'Simulate' in USB-IO dongle power alone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Enlow

Reaction score
Not sure if I am doing something incorrectly, but my new RRC3 will not 'Simulate' in USB-IO and mDACS on USB power alone. (It will Simulate from an external power source).

I use a laptop, and have tried different USB ports, as well as a powered USB hub to no avail.

I have followed the instructions to start a USB Host Mode using the RRC3 and USB-IO power source to the letter (except, of course, establishing the RRC3 Sim Connect in lieu of Host Connect). The TX & RX lights flash and I get the 'please Standby' notice, but then it remains in Connection Mode: 'Standby'.

Advice?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you.... but I do have exactly the same issue.

Will be watching this thread.

Contacted Jim at MW and I am not at my computer, but, essentially, the SIM Mode requires more power than the USB-IO will deliver, so it has to be ran connected to exterior power. Kinda makes sense as you can't do drogue, main or aux checks on USB-IO power, either.

Doesn't affect my view or use of the product, I only wanted to insure mine was not defective in some way.

Great, I figured it was something like that. I too, just wanted to make sure it was not an issue with my unit.

Back