Mustang Construction

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
Well, I began my Mustang a couple weeks ago and quit for a while. Today I resumed building. When I first started, I crushed the motor tube and BT in my excitement(first MPR). I placed an order to A2Z for the parts, and also bought a few E30's.

Anyways, I put the thrust ring in and let that sit. After a while, I finished sanding the fin locks, and as I type this, the glue is drying on the forward centering ring.

More later, and hopefully pics if the camera comes in the mail( I know, I know, I am long overdue for pics:p.)

You are going to love your mustang. I've owned 3 and killed 2. But they are always a beautiful thing to watch. :)

Originally posted by PGerringer
You are going to love your mustang. I've owned 3 and killed 2. But they are always a beautiful thing to watch. :)

LOL! How do you kill a Mustang? That thing flies on D12s! How do you kill a Mustang Phil?! :eek: :D

Nothing but love for the mustang. Painting tip for the nosecone. I heard this somewhere (I think on here, to tell you the truth...), and it worked out great for painting the nose cone, if you're going with a stock or quasi-stock paint scheme - paint the whole thing black, and when it's dry and you're ready to do the second color at the bottom of the nose cone, roll a new, un-lubricated condom over the front of the nose cone to the level you want to maintain the black in. masks the curved surface perfectly!

Loopy

Back