Must have been a rocketeer...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then, why didnt the carriers give them a nice little message in teh form of an accidentally planted mine?:D :kill: Or just feed them innacurate info?:eek: :kill: :kill:

I have four words for you Neil in reply to that:

"Accidental Russian Nuclear Launch" :kill:

Not joking. Things were very tense back then, but I wouldn't know. Things were very serious back then - nothing to joke about.

Jason

So Ive heard...:eek: I have seen several old signs for fallout shelters in Portland...:eek: :( Must not have been a nice place if there were fallout shelters in every other library...:( :eek: :kill:

So your saying it would start a nuke war?:eek:

If you ask me, we should all dismantle our WMD stockpiles for the good of the planet, and if we *HAVE* to keep our ICBMs, put a conventional warhead on em... The world shouldent have nukes...:eek:

Originally posted by Neil
Well then, why didnt the carriers give them a nice little message in teh form of an accidentally planted mine?:D :kill: Or just feed them innacurate info?:eek: :kill: :kill:

Well, the mine would be considered an act of war. However, disinformation might have been used a time or two.;)

So your saying it would start a nuke war?

It probably would have.
[2p mode]
To be honest, I think its nukes that have stopped World War 3 or something like that happening. Just think why wars have stopped escalating (sp?)?? Because if one country provoked the other, they would launch their nukes, then the first country would hear the news and launch their nukes, then the allies of the second coutry would launch theirs, and the allies of the first country would launch theirs. Bye bye planet... Nukes actually *ended* world war two... I feel that nukes, in the hands of the right people, actually protect us more than they endanger us...
[/2p mode]
So how much is your average sidewinder?

Yeah, probably true. But I think that it would be better just to have wicked darn big conventional warheads. They dont leave much radiation, if any. :eek:

Yeah, but thats not the same. They dont have the same physcological effect as a nuke... What would you be more scared of? Dying immeditaly from a convential explosion, or dying swolt from radiation poisining or something like the?

Yeah, I guess Id rather get blown up than poisond... But still... if some quack's country got hit with an asteriod, which would have some of the same charachteristics of a nuke atack, he would proabably open fire with Peacekeeper ICBMs, tipped with several nukes apice. Then the other nuke superwower would open fire in retailiation, effectively causing mass extinctions, humans among them.:eek:

What was this thread origionnaly about?:eek: ;)

LOL -- I hate to point it out to you, but the USA is about the only nuclear superpower of today :p

Sorry to hijack this thread...

Perhaps it would'nt be a bad thing for the planet if humans were extinct,i think the dodo would agree with that.

Yea, I know. I was half reffering to the past, half reffering to the future/:rolleyes:

Originally posted by eugenefl
Yep, definitely violates the 30 degrees launch code...

Must have been a rocketeer in the cockpit!

My question is did anyone say "range and skies are clear" before the launch?

Cool pics......

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I think a sidewinder's about 40-43000 dollars.

LOL... Did they knock it of his wages :p

Back