Music Break: Post Your Favorite 70s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In ‘75 I went to the Golden Hall in San Diego to see Dave Mason and who opened for him, these guys did and I was a fan ever since. Somebody kept passing this funny smelling stuff and I smoked it, lol. Needless to say, I got to listen to Marshall Tucker but fell asleep and missed Dave Mason. Had to wait 25 years before I finally got to see Dave Mason.

They had a new stereo and some Bose 501 speakers and were playing Boston, smoking ? and drinking some beer, and of course I joined them.
So easy to do back then, eh? I was program director of an AOR station (FM) in the late '70s. So much good music! Pink Floyd's 'Money' was always my go-to when I wanted screaming guitar solos.

Going to list three songs that I believe are all from the 70’s. They’re what I call “guilty pleasures.”

Yes: Awaken 1977 what a composition and the late Alan Watts-drummer who died this week
"Like the time I ran away
And turned around
And you were standing close to me"

Last edited:
I can't overemphasize how insanely great I think this song is. What's it about ? Who knows. Don't care. Every verse a story and no chorus. Love the fast country shuffle on the album but some guitar/harmonica versions are out there as well.

Last edited:
Back