Music Break: Post Your Favorite 70s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember once watching a full moon following us over the Ko'olau mountains while we drove home late one night from a Luau at a friend of my dad's house, while we listened to Keola Beamer. I think I surprised my Makuahine me makuakāne when I exclaimed that Mahina was following us. I'm sure they thought that I was like my kaikuahine, asleep.

Last edited:
Starcastle Lady of the Lake - 1976

Rush 2112

Rush - Cygnus X-1

Grateful Dead - The Music Never Stopped - 4/27/1977

Seems appropriate for the season...

Indeed. I remember my brother getting the album when it was first released. He looked at it and said," Oh, man! Free Ride and Frankenstein!" And despite looking at the album cover about a million times, I would have never envisioned those 4 guys playing it live without a little help:

My brother reminded me about these guys. Before the cowbell and spacey/dark.

If you are of a certain age and were near Philadelphia then you were raised on radio by great dj's like Michael Tearson and Ed Sciaky. They had stuff like this on regular rotation:

That's one of Strawbs' "pop" tunes... listen to the Grave New World or Hero and Heroine albums if you want to hear some really great stuff by them.

That's one of Strawbs' "pop" tunes... listen to the Grave New World or Hero and Heroine albums if you want to hear some really great stuff by them.
I have. :) And those guys played it, usually in the magic overnight hours. But, by any other name, Lay Down is cool. And it's got a good beat and you can dance to it. ;)

Lemmy wasn't around for Blacksword. He was too crazy for Hawkwind !?! :haironfire:

I have mixed feelings about Hero and Heroine. Too clever by half without the catchy sing along chorus of a song like Dead Flowers.

Last edited:
Back