Music Break: Post Your Favorite 70s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my.......this could be a long list, but I'll throw out the first few off the top of my head.
My 70's (rock) playlist would look something like this:

s6

I'll take a couple swings at staying on topic... Rockets and the 1970s

Last edited:
This one I remember listening to as the sun dropped below the horizon while we celebrated the 4th of July, 1976, on the shores of Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana.

Given that a few of you posted Joe Walsh bits..............................

THIS is Joe Walsh at his finest......raw, gritty, powerful, soulful, just great straight up rocking from the guts and heart. Jimmie Fox on drums just kills it as well.
Can't say I'm much of a fan with his "later work", and especially never liked the Eagles. Way too polished, safe, overproduced, and white washed for my taste. But Joe definitely had it in him, and completely nailed it on this take.

Not bashing any of yáll's own tastes, whatever rocks you is great in that it does it for you. This just suits me better.

s6

Last edited:
Styx, Led Zeppelin, Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, the Eagles....

Saw Heart, Glen Frey/Joe Walsh, and Dennis DeYoung (Styx) in concert.

Never got to see Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin) or Pink Floyd.

Not really a 70's music fan, but this is what came to mind. I think it's well known now that the guy is lip syncing ("lip synchronizing"? 😆 ) to someone else's voice, but it's still fun to watch and no worse than a typical magic trick as long you don't win a Grammy for something you haven't done.

(And I wouln't blame the guy for lyp synching, I'd blame it on the main man who pulled the strings).

Wow! Great stuff! There was so much great music from the 70s it' hard to know where to start, so I'll just start here:

And just a bit o' country...

By the way, that Eagles song up there has nothing to do with a sorcerer anymore. Thanks to the BBC it will forever be the "Journey of Ford and Arthur"...

I love music of the 60's. Would it be a problem for me to post some of it in this thread?

Maybe start a separate thread?
Or you could cheat a little like I did......the MC5 stuff I posted is technically songs that were recorded/released in 1969, but the live performance I showed was from 1970. Either way, they helped me get through the 70s.

s6

Back