Music Break: Post Your Favorite 60s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just because they were still amazing not that long ago (and I got to this one from the version posted above), here’s a much more recent performance of Suite: Judy Blue Eyes:

I can’t explain why this wasn’t the first thing that popped into my head for this thread. It should have been.

Tina Turner was another female vocalist who captured my attention back in the day. Here's an example that didn't get much air time due to rapidly changing tastes and the eccentricity of the producer.

From an emotional and sociological point of view, as well as the strictly technical and musical, I personally don't see how the love songs of the 60's can ever be surpassed.
You Baby is another great example.

The Sound of Silence is a great recording. Joe Osborne of the Wrecking Crew does a great job here with the bass guitar. Hal Blaine, the drummer, did yeoman work with Simon and Garfunkel. On The Boxer, Blaine plays the congas, and his exploding giant tom-toms were recorded in front of an elevator shaft in an empty building to achieve the crazy echo. On Bridge over Troubled Water, Blaine slashed and dragged his car tire chains across concrete of the studio floor to achieve the unique percussive effects of the denouement.

Back