Music Break: Post Your Favorite 60s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next thing, I’ll be posting Tom Jones and Nat King Cole songs, but they were the songs I heard when I was a kid and they still resonate With me.

Ultra-rare unreleased masterpiece recording of mega talented Darlene Love wailing for all she's worth over the echo-saturated backing track flawlessly performed by the Wrecking Crew. Music and lyrics by legends Carole King & Gerry Goffin.

Jack Nitzsche was a multi-talented musical wizard who worked with rockers Phil Spector, the Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen and many others. Later, he conducted the London Symphony Orchestra and wrote award winning themes for hit movies such as One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Officer and a Gentleman.

This 1963 cover of More, the theme from Mondo Cane, pours out the drama and emotion of the score. Performed by the Wrecking Crew.

Jack Nitzsche is best known for his award-winning movie scores such as Officer and a Gentleman and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Earlier he worked with the Rolling Stones, Neil Young and Phil Spector. The obscure but pulse pounding gem below was written for but never used in one of the James Bond movies.

Musically, this is James Bond meets surf. The French horns at the conclusion are off the scale ecstatic.

Last edited:
Back