Music Break: Post Your Favorite 60s Songs...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the biggest instrumental hits of 1968, Likely the most popular pep band song that you'll ever hear and it'll never die.

I wasn’t aware of that, but I’ll still listen to his music. I listen to music produced by Phil Spector even though he was a murderer. Spector had a good “house band” too, called the Wrecking Crew.

The first version is higher quality. The second is from the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (1960s quality); it was the first time I'd heard the music and it entranced me as a kid. Amazing how many images are recognizable even though each is shown for about a tenth of a second.

Best -- Terry

A Little Less Conversation was released as a single, album, and was in two movie scores, including Ocean's Eleven. It spent 4 consecutive weeks as #1 on the UK Singles Chart. The March 7th, 1968 recording session take 10 is featured below.

The first version is higher quality. The second is from the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour (1960s quality); it was the first time I'd heard the music and it entranced me as a kid. Amazing how many images are recognizable even though each is shown for about a tenth of a second.

Best -- Terry

... and Mason Williams was a comedy writer for the Smothers Brothers TV show.

Back