• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Multitronix TelemtryPro Mx110 Transmitter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitfield

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a long term (2018-2019) project I am working on and will be wanting Kate on-board, I mean who doesn't love Kate! At a min I will be wanting to pick up the mX110 Transmitter, turn on coil and case, but I may also consider grabbing the receiver if the price is right for the package.

Please note that this posting is premature to say the least, so if anyone has the system now and not planning on selling, just keep it in mind and pop back in as it will but up until I find the right deal.

Hmmmmm, I wouldn't keep your hopes up. Anyone, who seriously purchases one of these systems is likely very serious about their flying and not as likely
to give up the hobby and move on. In that regard, they probably will keep flying their system and since it's been out there for what a couple of years, the
fact that likely not so many people have purchased the system will limit the number available for the secondary market. Best of luck finding one. Kurt

Hmmmmm, I wouldn't keep your hopes up. Anyone, who seriously purchases one of these systems is likely very serious about their flying and not as likely
to give up the hobby and move on. In that regard, they probably will keep flying their system and since it's been out there for what a couple of years, the
fact that likely not so many people have purchased the system will limit the number available for the secondary market. Best of luck finding one. Kurt

While I agree they are likely serious fliers, I also know from watching some of these serious fliers that stuff happens and they get out of the hobby for whatever reason, so it's just a matter of timing. I actually do not need this until 2019, and if I have not found it by then I will just purchase a new one.

I very much subscribe to "don't ask don't get".

While I agree they are likely serious fliers, I also know from watching some of these serious fliers that stuff happens and they get out of the hobby for whatever reason, so it's just a matter of timing. I actually do not need this until 2019, and if I have not found it by then I will just purchase a new one.

I very much subscribe to "don't ask don't get".

It just occurred to me another angle is Vern sometimes advertises to loan a system to a flier who is going to a major venue for demonstration purposes. That might be an option
if someone who bails from the hobby doesn't materialize for you. The other option would be get a Tech license and use an Altus Metrum device. Not as fancy as Multitronix but with
a voice call out and would be more affordable. The Xastir tracking program with the Festival voice server I can get to call out bearing and distance by voice but not altitude of
APRS trackers. I suspect that Kate is one of the Open Source voice algorithms as I've heard her before in some other apps. Kurt

It just occurred to me another angle is Vern sometimes advertises to loan a system to a flier who is going to a major venue for demonstration purposes. That might be an option
if someone who bails from the hobby doesn't materialize for you. The other option would be get a Tech license and use an Altus Metrum device. Not as fancy as Multitronix but with
a voice call out and would be more affordable. The Xastir tracking program with the Festival voice server I can get to call out bearing and distance by voice but not altitude of
APRS trackers. I suspect that Kate is one of the Open Source voice algorithms as I've heard her before in some other apps. Kurt

I am demoing Kate in my Darkstar for LDRS, however Vern approached me and this flight is relatively low risk. While as my L3 is arguably very high risk, which is what I will using this for. Because of this I would prefer not to risk Vern's hardware as it would not sit well with me, plus I really want this hardware.

On the Altus Metrum side I own two TeleGPS units, love them and use the TeleBT tethered to my Android for mobile tracking with a 3 element Yagi and use the TeleDongle connected to my Macbook back at my prep table with the synthesized vois calling out while I visually track. Not as sexy as Kate but a very valuable tool for me.

I am demoing Kate in my Darkstar for LDRS, however Vern approached me and this flight is relatively low risk. While as my L3 is arguably very high risk, which is what I will using this for. Because of this I would prefer not to risk Vern's hardware as it would not sit well with me, plus I really want this hardware.

On the Altus Metrum side I own two TeleGPS units, love them and use the TeleBT tethered to my Android for mobile tracking with a 3 element Yagi and use the TeleDongle connected to my Macbook back at my prep table with the synthesized vois calling out while I visually track. Not as sexy as Kate but a very valuable tool for me.

You know you can change the voice in the code right. :)

Hmmmmmmmm, Looks like you have your bases covered then! Well, if you're stuck using Vern's hardware, you have a successful demo, maybe ask for a little discount for your very own system?:jaw::bangpan: Kurt :lol:

My bad! I should have marked this one found last year. Vern reached out to me with a lead on someone who was selling a their complete Kate solution and I jumped on it. Thank you for everyone for thinking of me though...much appreciated.

Back