• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MRC TR202 Rebel almost-ready-to-launch kit from the 80's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWolman

Reaction score
Hi all! Am trying to thin out my collection a bit...too many kits that I won't be able to get to.

Selling an MRC TR202 Rebel kit. It's an almost-ready-to-launch model based around a BT-50 sized tube. The model is 15" tall. This kit was from the first round of MRC's entries into model rocketry, I believe it was around 1986 or 1987? These pre-date the Concept II line.

From the MRC catalog :
The appearance of the REBEL is the inspiration for its "rebellious" name. Bat-like molded fins, a pointed molded nose cone, body tube covered by a full body decal plus a parachute and shockcord mounting kit were custom designed for superior performance. The great surprise is that it is Almost Ready to Fly; assembly of the recovery system is all that's required to finish the REBEL.

Features:
- quick, simple assembly
- attains altitudes of 1,200 feet or more
- Computer aided design (CAD) for stable, high altitude flights
- no painting required

This kit is sealed in the package, never opened and looks great....it's ready for you to build or add to your collection.

Asking $40 shipped within the CONUS, well packed and shipped by USPS.

Please DM to if you're interested - I accept PayPal, Venmo, and most other common methods.

Thanks for checking this one out!

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    523.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2321.jpeg
    IMG_2321.jpeg
    785.5 KB · Views: 0
Holy smokes is this the only model rocket ever to fly the confederate flag??? I mean mass produced.

I’m sure there have been scratch builds flying old Dixie or whatever it’s called.

Holy smokes is this the only model rocket ever to fly the confederate flag??? I mean mass produced.

I’m sure there have been scratch builds flying old Dixie or whatever it’s called.
I don’t think that would fly nowadays.
(Terrible pun intended)

But it just shows how times have changed, especially in recent times. Because that definitely caries a much different meaning nowadays, than from what it meant from what this kit intended it to be.

And a CAD model rocket from the 80’s? That’s also really cool, that’s they had the resources to do so for a model rocket.

I don’t think that would fly nowadays.
(Terrible pun intended)

But it just shows how times have changed, especially in recent times. Because that definitely caries a much different meaning nowadays, than from what it meant from what this kit intended it to be.

And a CAD model rocket from the 80’s? That’s also really cool, that’s they had the resources to do so for a model rocket.

I think we should avoid rerailing his thread.

Hi all - confirming that this one is now sold.

The CAD part was interesting - MRC was big into the CAD aspect in a lot of their descriptions.

Back