Mr. Sandman...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverleaf

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm wondering how your work has come on some of your scale rockets, in particular the Little Joe II. I've read back through most of the threads you started in regards to these projects, but wondered how goes the battle. 8)

You might remember me as one of the scale freaks here - in reference to my DM F3 Delta 3 detail drawing, and to be honest, I've seen some of the projects youve helped with and sort of look for your threads and replies - ok, so I'm in total awe..*lol*

Anyways, any updates on your Scale rockets and the Little Joe project would be greatly appreciated..8)

Happy Holidays,

Silverleaf,

Well, I got a new digital camera for Christmas (a Fuji A210) so I can post some better pics of my newer projects.

I have been somewhat "involved" in some downscaled clone kits and now that the holidays are over I can get back to my first love SCALE!

Look for a very limited edition (so far I think only 5 kits will be made) of the Little Joe II...if I can ever finish the vacuform masters for the wraps and fin fairings.

I still haven't figured out the motor arraigment. I'm thinking of a multiple motor mount to take either 24mm or 18mm motors.

I am open to suggestions.

Also in the works but no kit plans for it...just for me. A 1/100th Saturn 1B. A Soyuz (I like the escape tower). 1/100th LJ II and maybe...maybe...I can build that 1/70th Saturn 1B with a cluster I have all the parts for!

sandman

Sandman,

Cool deal, always glad to hear someones upgraded their camera. me ?, I've an old digital thats very cheap, and takes lousy pics. *sigh*

B]I'm thinking of a multiple motor mount to take either 24mm or 18mm motors.[/B]

Whats the projected weight, and main tube size ?

Wait a minute..what am I saying.. Let's see, the Little Joe has 6 outer and 1 inner if memory serves and while I'm not good at remembering specifics on motors in MM, is your main goal to do a complete scale creation - down to the amount of motors, or is it just to get the look of the scale design correct ?

IMHO, while a complete scale design with accurate 7 engine design would look great, clustering isn't something that I look at as being THAT important. I should clarify and say that I'd love to have a model with that capability, just that I'd never fly it - knowing the inherent cluster problems. 8)

There was an image posted sometime back of a Little Joe 2 that I grabbed, and now that I think of it, me thinks it was yours. In any case, that image was killer, and the look of the LJ in flight was the more important endeavor, not that it only had one engine. lol

Anyways, I've probably not given you any help with this rambling, but I would be interested in one of the kits.

I for one, thirst for all things that are comprised of scale goodness..water ?..nono, give me scale..mmmmm 8)

Yours,

That's my LJ II on page 3 of the latest Sport Rocketry magazine.

She's old and showing her age. Built around a BT-101 One of my early scratch scale attempts. Just about 27" tall.

Flys of a D12-3 so far every flight except one out of over 50 flights has been perfect.

She landed on a barn roof once and rolled off. Rolled up the chute too then hit the concrete driveway after that. (notice the dent in the one fin).

I think she might be due for a replacement.

sandman

Back