Mr. Brown

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to take anything away from Mr. Brown, but...:eek:
I can certainly think of a lot better looking people to buy a picture of, and I wouldn't pay that if it was LIFE SIZE.:p

Originally posted by nomopbo
Just wondering how many of you have bought the picture of Ed Brown?
https://estes.aptinet.com/cgi-bin/ecommerce.cgi?product,358

I just right clicked and saved:kill: :D :rolleyes: ;)

Doancha'll think it's just maybe half joke and half homage to one of the great names in building our hobby?

He *is* a really nice guy. I needed to know how much BP was in ejection charges, and he called me and told me on his first day back from vacation. And he knew about the ejection charge calculator on EMRR.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
He *is* a really nice guy.

I agree!

At LDRS 8, Ed and I sat at a table during a long, drawn out TRA members meeting. We spent the meeting telling stories. It was great fun.

I wonder if Ed Brown is anyway related or formally associaited with a Brown Manufacturing that was the motor manufacturer for Model Missiles,Inc before G.Harry turned to Vern and Estes Industries....?

I do know one thing: Ed Brown probably knows more about the design and manufacture of BP rocket motors than anybody alive perhaps....I have a technical article written by some russians that Mr. Brown reviewed for completeness and accuracy....It was on the design and shape of the combustion cavities in BP motors.....amazing how cylindrical and or conical combustion chambers of various lengths/widths can determine whether a motor is low/med/hi thrust.. It surely opened my eyes.....I once asked Mary Roberts if she could provide me with the diameters and lengths of the various combustion cavities on the various estes model rocket motors and of course she declined, as this was estes proprietary information....

Back