MPR Reloadables

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dev Gnoll

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am interested in MPR RMS's that don't need user
certification, exparimental launches, or FAA
notification to be legally launched.

I hear a lot about aerotech's RMS with a small
number of different reloads in the MPR level.

US Rockets has a series of reloadables on it's
websites in MPR. Does anyone have any info
on those? (Googling them found few re-sellers
and a legal filing against them on a Government

Any other lines of MPR RMS's to consider?

Thanks,

Dev Gnoll

BAR -

Well, if you are looking at the D-F range, then you might want the Aerotech 24/40 RMS motor. It is 24mm. If you want E-G, then you might want the Aeortech 29/40-120, which is 29mm. The 29/40-120 also has an extremely large range of engines, and is easier to come by.

Other than the CTI 38mm G, AT is about all there is. The 29/40-120 is nice.

The 29mms are getting hard to find. I just sold my last 29mm RMS motor today. 24mm is good fun though :)

Yes they are. At a recent launch, I saw two FatBoy launches (both the same rocket). First on a D12-5, second on an F39. It is crazy how much power those have (in an Estes rocket, anyway)

the 24/40 has 1 more reload than the 29/40-120. and the 29/40-120 is definately not easy to track down. but, the 29/40-120 does have those G's.

Whoops, got those mixed up. But I have had more luck in tracking down a 29/40-120.

As far as the motors/loads, the previous posts are pretty much the bulk of what's out there. For the second part of your issue (launching), if I'm not mistaken, as long as the weight of the rocket including the motor is under 1 pound, you are not required to file a NOTAM or secure a waiver. I'm pretty sure that's how it works - anyone else, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Loopy

The 29 40/120 is my most used reloadable. I have been able to get the G64 on a regular basis. I bought a batch from Magnum last year and they seem to come out fairly regularly. The reloads for this case are hit and miss. I think that Al's Hobbies carries a mess of these things and has some old stock around. I bought some reloads for the 24mm case and the reloads were pre-fire.

I see the 29 40/120 case on ROL from time to time. Its well worth the effort to find one I think that the G64 alone makes the case worth it.

Scott

I've had no problem getting the loads, but I accidently got a case from Performance Hobbies (I'm pretty sure I said 29/120, not 29/40-120). This turned out to be his last one, and I ended up shipping it to another of his customers for him. Emergency ya' know ;) (BTW I was fully compensated by Ken)

I most likely wouldn't have even bought the 29/40-120 if the 29/120 had been out. So far I've only used G64s in it.

The 29/40-120 casing is extremely versatile. If you have rockets capable of flying with a wide range of motors, it opens up your options for small field flying. Most of my fleet is able to fly on E up to H motors. It's nice to be able to fly them on E's or F's locally in between club launches on H motors.

One day I'll try some other loads. I build too big and heavy in general and need Gs with high avg impulse. I really need a HPR G case...maybe one day.

29/180.....MMMMMM, the G75 is awesome. plus, its ALMOST a full G, unlike the other aerotech G loads.

29/180.....MMMMMM, the G75 is awesome. plus, its ALMOST a full G, unlike the other aerotech G loads.

Sorry ;). Sometimes Liam and I think alike :D

lol, yeah, doug and I, we get carried away with power!!!!!!!!!! POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back