MPR Reload question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghp3

Reaction score
The last couple of times that I have tried to put a new reload in my Aerotech 24/40 motor casing, the liner and propellent has been a very, repeat very, tight fit. I've had to use an unused liner to shove it in and it has made if very difficult to screw on the aft (nozzle) closure.

I've wondered if there are any suggestions from the TRF community of things that I can do, or equally important, things that I should NOT do to get it to fit better. I've thought about greasing the liner, sanding the outer paper layer of the liner, or removing the outer paper layer entirely.

Thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

(I don't seem to have this problem w/ my 29/40-120 casing)

Thanks!

George
NAR #83277
Tripoli Pittsburgh

I regularly have this problem too, and all it takes is taking the first thin layer of paper off. I then coat the exterior of the liner with some grease, and slide it in. It makes it a lot better that way - easier to clean up too.

Jason

Originally posted by ghp3
The last couple of times that I have tried to put a new reload in my Aerotech 24/40 motor casing, the liner and propellent has been a very, repeat very, tight fit. I've had to use an unused liner to shove it in and it has made if very difficult to screw on the aft (nozzle) closure.

I've wondered if there are any suggestions from the TRF community of things that I can do, or equally important, things that I should NOT do to get it to fit better. I've thought about greasing the liner, sanding the outer paper layer of the liner, or removing the outer paper layer entirely.

Thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

(I don't seem to have this problem w/ my 29/40-120 casing)

Thanks!

George
NAR #83277
Tripoli Pittsburgh

LOL! Ok, not laughing at you...just read <a href="https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5322&highlight=24%2F40">THIS</a> thread. Oh boy...it's great fun to read old threads.

Back