MPR Birthday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoWalks

Reaction score
Thursday - My wife Nara walks into my office and hands me a package "Happy Early Birthday"

Enclosed was a Quest Falcon - pretty cool since its not my Birthday.

Friday - My wife Nara walks into my office and hands me a package "Happy Early Birthday"

Enclosed was a Estes Screamin Mimi - pretty cool since its not my Birthday.

Saturday - My wife Nara walks into my office and hands me a package "Happy Birthday"

Enclosed was a Aerotech Initiator - pretty cool, its my Birthday and this is my first Mid-power Rocket. Also this is the first rocket I seen at the rocket store and boy did I want that one. :)

10 minutes has passed and I am still staring at that beautiful picture on the box, when the door bell rings. Nara returns with a package from my Sister.

Enclosed is a Aerotech Mustang - now how lucky can one person get on any given day? Two, count em, Two Mid Power Rockets in one day.

I think I am going to be building slowly rockets for awhile. :D

Twowalks,
Happy Birthday. You will love the Initiator. Its a great first MPR, and flies great on the F40 reload. I've flown mine on E16s to G64s, but the F40 is a nice inbetween motor. The F22 & F52 fly it nice also.:) Larry

TwoWalks,

Uh, you probably know this, but your wife is a keeper...:D

I got an Initiator starter kit for my anniversary last year and it's built with primer on. Just waiting for better weather to paint. My first MPR. It's going to be way cool...

bmhiii

Ruh Roh... .. heh heh...

Two Walks,

sounds like a great birthday....congrats on the aquisitions...

Now onto the RUH ROH

Bout 2 yrs ago i started out in low power, it was a blast and didn't need any more than that...

Then about 4 months later I purchased an Initiator starter kit along with a Mustang. First F20 launch and I was in awe...

Decided low and midpower were plenty for me and had a blast.

A year after that got bit by the highpower bug....and all of it has never stopped and continued to increase...

I "blame" that Initiator and the F20 for further addicting me and being the "gateway" rockets into my highpower use... LOL

Yeh that's it it's all the Initiators fault.. this all came back to me reading your post of you too getting the Initiator and Mustang at the same time... it's gonna get ya......:D

You'll be into high power soon.....LOL

Congrats on the great gifts and have fun... I agree with Larry I have really nice flights on the F40's too ..

Jason, you are so right. My first Intiator kit got me hooked and into high power. Maybe its something in the APCP smoke:confused:
Larry

Just from watching the three Discovery shows got me hooked. I started out wanting the mid & high power. I decided to start with low power do to cost for developing a few skill on building. So here we come, mid power, dreams do come true.

I think the hardest part now is going to be, trying to decide which one I want to build first. :D

Cool. Those are the only 2 MPR birds I have, havent flown either of them yet. (maybe when they are built, there is a chance i will fly them :p) I think the Initiator is trying to say it wants something that sounds vaguely like E16... I dont understand MPR language yet...

Woo hoo! Congratulations (and happy birthday!)! You're first two are the big two - many people debate between these two when deciding on their first midpower, so your family eliminated one choice for you. Now, which one to build first??? :D By the way - the F40 is perfect for the Initiator, and the Mustang is great on the E16. If you don't have a 29mm 40-120 reload casing yet, get it. It's a beautiful thing!

Loopy

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Cool. Those are the only 2 MPR birds I have, havent flown either of them yet. (maybe when they are built, there is a chance i will fly them :p) I think the Initiator is trying to say it wants something that sounds vaguely like E16... I dont understand MPR language yet...

You're probably mis-hearing it...I think it's actually saying "F40"...trust me...

Loopy

I mentioned this recently in another thread... I love the Initiator! I fly mine on F20's all the time. I miss the Aerotech F14 Black Jack motors... near 5 second burn.... A F14-6J would give you a 11 second flight!!!

Happy Birthday TwoWalks!

TWOWALKS

happy not your b-day

LOL

i think you need to keep her around !

best wishes on not your b-day
CORPSE

Originally posted by Loopy
Woo hoo! Congratulations (and happy birthday!)! You're first two are the big two - many people debate between these two when deciding on their first midpower

Got more than a little lucky on this one :) Actually Nara had me make up a wish list and I figured 1 rocket kit. On the list I had the initiator and also the Wart-hog. Well both these ladies went shopping together (probable reason for getting 2 kits) and found all the listed kits.

Reason for Mustang - "it looked pretty and I thought the wart hog was ugly" Favorite line from movie "Do not try to make sence of them, for they make no sence." But turns out she was right.

N3, thanks for the motor suggestions - the F14 -6j sounds like a fun flight, I like the idea of long burns.

Corpse thanks for the "not your b-day" reply :)

Back