MPC Star Trek Kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilD

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I came across the three Star Trek kits from MPC really cheap at a local hobby store. Apparently these are around 10 years old now. After looking at the over quality of the kit and reading reviews, I've decided to make these display models only. I played with airbrushing some color shifting paint on the nose cones and fins. Doesn't quite show in still photos but I was pretty happy with the results. I opted not to use all the decal/stickers.

IMG_1730.jpeg

I say fly 'em. They are a bit on the heavy side (the Enterprise really needs a C6 or C5) but they fly pretty good. My son has a Reliant that he likes to torture by putting Qjet D16's and D20's in. He keeps getting it back. Occasionally a fin will pop off on the bigger models but otherwise they are fairly sturdy rockets.

I say fly 'em. They are a bit on the heavy side (the Enterprise really needs a C6 or C5) but they fly pretty good. My son has a Reliant that he likes to torture by putting Qjet D16's and D20's in. He keeps getting it back. Occasionally a fin will pop off on the bigger models but otherwise they are fairly sturdy rockets.
It was a bit bizarre that the engine lock is on the outside of the body on the Reliant. I guess that was not an issue.

Back