MPC Asp-1 Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysticalRockets

Reaction score
Got one of these from Jim Flis a while ago, but never built it.

Package says MPC Minijet engines: 1/2 A3-3m A3-4m B3-5m. This one will probably fly on an A10-3T.

Package shot.

001.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like a great project:) I have seen lots of micros but I dont believe I have seen a micro build thread. Your photo is rather big but that shows lots of detail I guess :)
Cheers
fred

Opened package. I'm replacing the shock cord, which was just a cord and no elastic of any kind, with kevlar and elastic, and the chute cords, which I didn't trust. The A10-3T engine is there for comparison. The metal weight seems to be lead. Well, better this use than a landfill.

002.jpg

Separated fins. I was hesitant to use any sanding sealer on this, because they're very fragile. But I went ahead and did it. Came out nice.

007.jpg

Finished assembly. Think I'm going to make this a streamer recovery. I'll work on paint tomorrow.

010.jpg

It looks like a great project:) I have seen lots of micros but I dont believe I have seen a micro build thread. Your photo is rather big but that shows lots of detail I guess :)
Cheers
fred

Yeah, I'm more of a detail over size type of person with my cameras.

Nice build.

I've often wondered why they put a parachute in such a small model... I would certainly go with a streamer.

Now for paint and flight pix :)

Nice work, I have one in a build pile that I won in a TRF/Flis contest a while ago. Might have to drag that one out sooner than I was planning. Let us know how she flies on the A10's

Nice work, I have one in a build pile that I won in a TRF/Flis contest a while ago. Might have to drag that one out sooner than I was planning. Let us know how she flies on the A10's

Will do! I'll be bringing it to CATO this weekend.

Jim,
Is the Nantucket Sound only going to be available at NARCON or is it going to be a production kit?

Jim,
Is the Nantucket Sound only going to be available at NARCON or is it going to be a production kit?

It will be a full production kit and will be available on our web site on March 20th, as we are leaving for NARCON with shipments of orders commencing Tuesday of the next week.

jim

Don't worry gang, I'll make sure to take plenty of pics of the prototype.

*puts on black fedora and trenchcoat*

:D

KEWL! I plan on being there at the launch also :)

I want to get a D12 flight on the Nantucket Sound as well as try an E flight. Also some additional test flights of the Tiddlywink 1/8A HD bird :)

Jim, bring your boots. We've had rain today, followed by about 3 hours of snow, and it changed back to rain. So expect water and mud on the field.

I see the weather provided the water so the Nantucket Sound will feel right at home.

ick....

gonna be messy...

For those attending I will be bringing a full store of kits for sale.

NOTE: if you want parts or accessories please send an email to me (not a PM) with what you want (by part number) and I will pack it and bring it down.

See you Saturday!
jim

Latest posts

Back