Movies in the Square

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SecretSquirrel

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I talked to the folks who operate the Frisco Square business area. They told me about a free outdoor movie night every Friday in front of city hall during the summer and how they were looking for some entertainment to go along with the movie.

This past Friday, the movie was "October Sky" and a small group of us went out and set up a static display and had a small demo launch. The photos don't show the whole crowd but we introduced rocketry to a whole horde of kids and even re-introduced a few adults.

Everyone seemed to enjoy the show and I think we'll have a few new faces at our local launches.

DSCF7066.jpg

DSCF7067.jpg

DSCF7069.jpg

DSCF7070.jpg

DSCF7074.jpg

DSCF7075.jpg

DSCF7077.jpg

DSCF7080.jpg

DSCF7081.jpg

Several weeks ago I talked to the folks who operate the Frisco Square business area. They told me about a free outdoor movie night every Friday in front of city hall during the summer and how they were looking for some entertainment to go along with the movie.

This past Friday, the movie was "October Sky" and a small group of us went out and set up a static display and had a small demo launch. The photos don't show the whole crowd but we introduced rocketry to a whole horde of kids and even re-introduced a few adults.

What a great idea, Don!

-Kevin

I can't imagine any movie I would want to watch more, after seeing all those rockets, than October Sky :)

Good stuff!

Don,

What a great opportunity to capitalize on!

Did you get any inquiries on people wanting to launch or join up with you guys for a launch?

Great idea. Nice job and thanks for sharing the pictures and story.

Did you get any inquiries on people wanting to launch or join up with you guys for a launch?

Several. We have a flying field in Frisco and we gave out flyers with a map and launch schedule. I think we'll have new people showing up at the launches from this.

Back