Movie "The Final Countdown"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huxter

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The "Passengers" thread made me watch "The Final Countdown" movie again. And yes - great dialog for many characters. It shows a lot of aircraft maneuvers on aircraft carrier USS Nimitz. Great eye candy - especially for the battle against the Japanese fleet attacking Pearl Harbor.

NimitzFleet.jpg

I kept hearing Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone" during the plane launches! It sounded great in my mind anyway. They just didn't include hit songs in the soundtrack back then. Someday, I should mix that song into the launch scenes?

the guy at the end, who got left behind & became rich (obviously!)

I wonder if he had any influence on various world events?!?!

I first saw it on IKE (CVN69) once it hit AFRTS. I was "mess-cranking" and slid down to my home-division's berthing. Afterwards, I came back up to the messdeck and noticed my watch was ticking back and forth. Took me a sec to realize the battery was dying!

I saw it a few weeks ago. It's got some good moments, and the film of all the aircraft and carrier operations stuff is nicely done. But the more I think about it the less it makes sense as a story.
I fundamentally don't understand why most of the people do most of the things.

I recall enjoying this movie quite a bit when I saw it years and years ago. I love a good time-loop story (hope I’m remembering the right movie…)

Back