Mounting Raven w/ battery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timothyterpsalot

Reaction score
I recently purchased the raven from featherweight and got the A23 battery holder option. I am wondering how others have mounted this altimeter into their bays. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Like this:

Ravenwiring.jpg

Like this:

Ravenwiring.jpg

The picture above shows the standard Raven without the on-board A23 battery holder and switch. For the on-board A23 version, I recommend making a rectangular cutout in the av-bay sled to accomodate the A23 holder, and use the standard mounting hardware. Tim, do you have a picture or a design for your av-bay sled?

Adrian, that's what I was planning on doing. I was just checking to see if that's what others have done.
My Raven didn't come with mounting hardware (because it's the battery option?). Should I just pick up some spacers and screws at home depot?

Adrian, that's what I was planning on doing. I was just checking to see if that's what others have done.
My Raven didn't come with mounting hardware (because it's the battery option?). Should I just pick up some spacers and screws at home depot?

Sorry for the oversight. I'll send you some; HD doesn't carry a lot of 2/56 hardware.

Adrian,

Just to let you know our Raven arrived today. You had me a bit worried with the shipping notice that was cancelled with the "I changed my mind" notation! :)

DSC00002-1.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

If you want a set of these stand-offs with screws, washers, & nuts just PM me your address and I'll send it to you in the mail. I bought them in quantities of 100 from McMaster so I have some extras. You must use #2 size hardware with the Raven, #4 is to large.

Back