Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbarrm

Reaction score
Ok guys I keep hearing you all talk about all different types of motors, reloads, sizes and its all greek to me. Where would be a good starting point for me to start learning about all this.

Dan

Dan,

The best place to start for all things rocketry is the Rocketry Online Info Central area. They have a section on propulsion that should fill the bill on your motors question at https://www.info-central.org/index.cgi?propulsion. Click the links on the left for a wide variety of information.

After that, go back through TRF and see what has already been discussed.

InfoCentral has a bit of an edge because of the photos and graphics included. TRF gets a big 'thumbs-up' for collective knowledge and experience.

Enjoy, --Lance.

Thanks very much for the link. I now have something to do here at work. Read Read Read. :D

Dan

Dan...
Aerotech website has a few videos in their resources link that shows how the reloads are assembled. Might give you a better idea on what's all invloved.
Clink on the Aerotech link below this text and then click on Resources in the left menu. From there click on Instructions.

Aerotech

Originally posted by Stones
Dan...
Aerotech website has a few videos in their resources link that shows how the reloads are assembled. Might give you a better idea on what's all invloved.
Clink on the Aerotech link below this text and then click on Resources in the left menu. From there click on Instructions.

Aerotech

Thanks

Dan

This is a link which may be a bit outdated but gives you an idea of the prices. RMS is reloadable motor system, SU is single use, R is redline. This is Aerotech only, but you can see that the price of the motors go up similarly to the power of the motor.

Remember every time you go up one letter you will double the impulse of the previous letter. One G equals two Fs. Two Js equal one K. One D equals 2 Cs, or 4 Bs or 8 As. Now how many As does one P motor make?

motor prices

Quoting Chuck "Now how many As does one P motor make?"

F.T ( Freaking Ton )

Thats wikked pi$$ah

Joel

Back